"Sit down and finish your food!, Do not wake up until you finish. If you do not eat there is no dessert." And the unforgettable: "How can you leave food when there are children who have nothing?"
Many times we have to peel off with the youngsters because they do not eat well or they do not like the food served. And when they do not address the suggestions, rules or constraints of their elders, adults tend to fall into despair, the battle begins, sometimes handling all kinds of resources. This reaction is normal to some extent by the older people worried about the youngest feed, they want to do everything possible to make this happen.
However, there is something that can be considered when children do not want to eat, and their emotional world. We have spoken before other tips for children to eat with pleasure, and teach as we mentioned limits, providing nutritious food and mark rules without having to fall into a daily battle.
This time we will speak of the emotional aspect of children and young people and the relationship may have with their lack of appetite.
Eating: a time to nurture emotions also
Lack of appetite can reveal interesting things about the inner world of youngsters. A young man may not feel hunger when:
- Feels stressed
- By mistake of the elderly
- For Depression
- For the attention of some form
- For some disease
- Fear or anxiety
The lack of appetite could be an important clue to communicate with them in a deeper way, a chance to learn more. But give priority to the food before feeding it to his feelings, nullifying the opportunity to help them understand and resolve something that represents a conflict and could have easily solved.
- Fear and anxiety: a cause of the emotional loss of appetite is the fear, feeling threatened or concerned in such a circumstance that seems out of our hands.
- Depression: when you have suffered a disappointment or sadness because things do not go as intended, very common in young people.
- Dissatisfaction with the authority: the inability to fix things in some way begins to fall into some form of behavior that get attention from adults.
- Reject the image of oneself: being obese or having a body that dislike the person may be cause of lack of appetite.
- Not feeling loved: feeling loved and accepted is the most eager in young and small. When they perceive that they do not receive this important emotional nourishment may fall either an excessive appetite or lack of appetite.
Listen to nourish the heart
Parents do not necessarily have to be professional psychologists to understand the demands, problems and conflicts of children and youth. But you can do much, even more than a therapy professional, if you simply have the intention and a flexible mind to try to understand the young man. And, although it is difficult to believe, it is easier to perform before small grow and become teenagers.
If we become sensitive and learn to listen with attention and affection, without involving our view or opinion, we can help greatly to young people explore and understand better what they feel. Learn to listen without trying to educate or to say "this bad” or something is one of the easiest, wise and powerful ways to help them reflect on what they feel, and to mature emotionally and nurtured. Giving ear to young people helps them to release many emotional tensions, and is an invaluable displays of affection. And food can be an extraordinary moment to listen, because many times this time is the only one which has a moment of healthy discussion.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALHenna Tattoo
Listening is something we should do while children are young and even if we believe they say something stupid. Listening is another way to nourish the heart, to help you assimilate what makes them feel uneasy and feedback from their own actions. This, though not enough, affects the way you eat and the appetite of young people. Feeling in company and heard is the best appetizer of all. This will not only bring the hunger, but will eat with pleasure.
About the author