Textured soy protein concentrate is obtained from soybeans through a process of dehydration of its oil and its skin, which is placed at high temperatures until it dries and remains in a very nourishing meal rich in proteins and which looks like ground beef.
It is also known as plant meat, compared to animal flesh, contains twice the protein, no saturated fat, provides important minerals like: potassium, phosphorus, magnesium and iron, as well as fiber and vitamins A, B, C, D, E and G. It is ideal for high performance in athletes and weight-loss diets or cholesterol problems.
Soybean y cheese croquettes
- 3 cups of textured Soy
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- Vegetables: beets, carrots, peppers, onions, leeks, squash, etc.
- 2 beaten eggs
- 200 gr of goat cheese or cottage cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Soy is hydrated for two hours in water (to cover the amount of soy) with the juice of 3 lemons and a pinch of sea salt.
- It runs well. Fry the vegetables, add salt and pepper. Once they are more or less cooked, not much, add soy.
- Sauté a few minutes and add milk, crumbled goat cheese and flour to make a thick dough.
- Leave croquettes to cool on a tray.
- Overflow in egg and bread crumbs, and fry lightly.
- 2 onions
- 3 carrots
- 1 red pepper
- 250 grs. Of textured soy
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- ½ liter of soymilk
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil and breadcrumbs: Necessary
- Soak texturized soy for an hour, with twice as much water.
- Cut the onions into small pieces and put them to fry. Add the chopped peppers and carrots also well little ones, and condiments.
- When the vegetables are done, add texturized soy, to be swollen with water, and fry for a minute.
- Add the tablespoon of flour and fry 2 minutes left. Put the milk and nutmeg, until a smooth paste.
- We make the dough and balls. Pass through the egg and bread crumbs. Fry.
- Serve with tomato sauce, may accompany a bowl of noodles.
Quinoa and texturized soy cake
- 1 ½ cups of quinoa
- 1 / 4 kilo of meat or texturized soy
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk (may also Soya)
- 1 / 2 cheese
- 3 onions
- 1 red pepper
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of ground paprika
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- sliced olives
- salt and olive oil
- Wash quinoa well under cold water. Heat water in proportion of one cup of quinoa per two parts of water. When boiling water, add the quinoa and allow the fire about 10 minutes until water is absorbed.
- Once cooked, add the salt, milk and two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil first cold pressing. Crush with a wooden fork.
- Filling: In skillet, put oil to heat and add the onion, cut the meat plant (to be minced or very finely chopped) cook until the onion is well below then add the herbs, garlic , olives and grated tomatoes and a cup of vegetable broth or water and salt. It is cooked until the broth evaporates.
- Paint a baking dish with oil and place half of the quinoa and then put the filling well over extended and put the cheese and a sliced boiled egg. Then add the rest of the layer covering quinoa stuffing. Beat the other egg and paint the top layer of quinoa. Push the tray in the oven and let it bake at medium heat for 10 minutes. Wait 10 minutes to grill and once brown, cut in rations.
Stew of texturized soy
- Textured soy 150g thick
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- soy sauce
- white wine
- olive oil
- vegetable bouillon
- sea salt
- pepper, chile, cayenne pepper (optional)
- a teaspoon of agar agar
- Last night, soak soybeans with water to which add a good dash of soy sauce.
- The next day we start the recipe, poach onion and minced garlic in oil too. Once everything is fried, add the soy drained, soak and add the paprika, careful not to burn. Take a glass of white wine and put the fire to evaporate the alcohol.
- Then pour water to cover the soybeans, and put the stock cube, chilli and a splash of soy sauce.
- Cook for about 2 hours to simmer, adding more water if necessary, but it must be a sauce, not a soup.
- In the end, add the agar agar dissolved in a little water, salt to taste and cook for 10 minutes.
The best of Soya recipes
Products related with Textured Soy Recipes
You have not found what you were looking for?