Published: 10/17/2011 - Updated: 10/30/2018
The Tempeh is derived from soybeans, is similar to tofu, but is more elaborate and mash. The cooking way is very similar to tofu and has its own nutritional properties; it is rich in protein, B vitamins, antioxidants and B12. If you want to make a good combination of food and encourage your digestion as well to maximize the properties of this food, try not to combine the soy with carbohydrates, as this, being a protein is digested better when not combined with carbohydrates.
Tempeh with almonds sauce
- 1 cold Tempeh block (250 grams)
- 2 onions chopped very fine
- 1 cup of mushrooms.
- 1 strip of Kombu algae
- 1 / 2 cup of green peas (boiled 5 minutes)
- Almond powder
- Lemon zest
- Soy sauce
- Laurel and olive oil.
- Cut Tempeh into 4 pieces and each in diagonal, obtaining 8 triangular pieces.
- Fry in a pan and dry on absorbent paper.
- Brown the finely chopped onion on a bed of olive oil and a few drops of soy sauce for 10 minutes.
- Add the laurel, fried tempeh, seaweed Kombu, mushrooms sliced very thin and cover of water until half the volume of the ingredients.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes. Place Tempeh pieces in a bowl to serve.
- Remove the laurel and Kombu.
- Make puree the liquid with sautéed vegetables.
- Adjust the salt with soy sauce, if necessary add lemon zest to taste.
- Adjust the consistency with powdered almonds.
- Add the hot sauce on tempeh and accompany with boiled green peas.
- Serve hot.
Tempeh with garlic
- 500 grams of tempeh (tofu or Seitan)
- A tablespoon offlour
- 8 tablespoons ofolive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped or grated.
- 1 dry sherry (optional)
- Salt and pepper.
- Cut Tempeh into ten slices and add flour.
- Heat the olive oil.
- Gently fry tempeh and garlic until well browned.
- Add the sherry and bring to a boil.
- Let stand about ten minutes.
- Combine with rice and a salad.
- Parmesan cheese
- Soy sauce (also known as Tamari or shoyu)
- Cut any variety of lettuce into small pieces.
- Cut Tempeh into squares and then fry with little oil and a few drops of soy sauce.
- When it is cold, put on the lettuce.
- Add vinaigrette made with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and a little unrefined sea salt.
- Above all, add a little grated parmesan cheese.
Tip: If you put different types of lettuce, in terms of textures and colors, the result is even better. This tempeh salad accepts all the variants that our imagination can bring.
Tempeh with mushrooms
Yield: 4 servings
- 600 grams of tempeh
- 250 grams of mushrooms
- 100 grams of chopped almonds
- 2 onions
- 2 tablespoons of Soybean sauce
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Clean the mushrooms, cut its base and leave them in cold water to release all the soil, then cut the largest and make them of the same size. Peel and cut onions into thin slices.
- In a skillet with 3 tablespoons olive oil, sauté the onion. When it is transparent, add mushrooms and let cook until the water releases. Sprinkle a little grated lemon skin, also chopped almonds, water with the soy sauce and season with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Cut the tempeh into thin sheets and brown in the pan lightly greased with olive oil for a couple of minutes on each side.
- Serve tempeh and mushroom garnish.
Peppers stuffed with Tempeh
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- 5 or 6 peppers
- Ginger powder
- 2 zucchini
- 200 g of tempeh
- 6 large carrots
- Steam washed and unpeeled zucchini and carrots for about 15 minutes over high heat. Fold to stew faster.
- On the other hand, with the blender grind carrots and add salt and pepper taste. It should be a very fine puree. Reserve.
- Smash zucchini with a fork and season well. It should not be crushed too much.
- Cut the tempeh into small dices and sauté in a little hot oil.
- Mix with zucchini and a pinch of ginger and stuff the peppers with this. Do it very carefully with the help of a small spoon.
- Put the sauce of carrots in the bottom of a baking tray and over add the stuffed peppers.
- Gratin few minutes just to warm a bit. Serve immediately.
The best of Soya recipes
You have not found what you were looking for?