The kidneys are organs that play important roles in the body. They are responsible for filtering the blood in circulatory system, also in the urine, allowing the excretion of various body's metabolic wastes like urea, creatinine, potassium and phosphorus. This task is carried out through a complex mechanism of filtration, reabsorption and excretion. Every day, the kidneys filter about 200 quarts of blood and produce two liters of urine, which steadily drops into the bladder through tubes called ureters. The bladder stores urine until its expulsion.
Functions of the kidney:
- Excretion of wastes through urine.
- Regulates extracellular fluids.
- Regulates the body's homeostasis.
- Secretes hormones such as erythropoietin, renin and vitamin D.
- Maintains regulated urine production.
- Participates in the reabsorption of electrolytes.
When the kidneys are functioning poorly, they start to generate in the body all sorts of complications and diseases which are not necessary if we take care of our kidneys. You should not wait to see them deteriorated or damaged to pay attention, with some simple recommendations we can keep a very healthy and happy life and avoid complications such as chronic renal failure, infections or kidney stones, nephritis, etc..
Food to keep your kidneys healthy
- Drink plenty of pure water: this is the more effective curative and preventive medicine to keep the kidneys healthy and functioning efficiently. You should drink two or two and a half liters of pure water per day. You should not consider other liquids such as sodas, juice, sweetened water, and more as part of this routine. The water should be pure. At least drink 10 glasses so that the kidneys perform their functions efficiently. Juices and other beverages should not replace plain water, but can be drunk in addition, trying to avoid sugary drinks, colorings and additives such as soft drinks, canned juices, etc.
- The best foods in your diet are diuretic vegetables such as: squash, potatoes, carrots, grapes, watermelon, pineapple, peach, apple or melon.
- Cleansing Cure: following a cure with oranges, grapes, pineapple or apple once or twice a month is excellent for keeping the kidneys purged. The cure is done by choosing one of the previous fruit and eat only this for two days (all you want) with two liters of water. I highly recommend the pineapple or grapes for this diet since they are very beneficial and nourishing to the kidneys. With this diet, in addition, intestines and blood get cleaned of accumulated toxins, and strengthen the immune system.
- Diuretic infusions between meals heal and maintain healthy your kidneys: Jamaica, horsetail or red arenaria.
Bad food for kidney health:
- Salt: try to remove the salt from your diet, considering that many foods already contain their own minerals. Abusing causes deposition in the kidneys.
- Red meat: you must be careful with it, eating only once a week since red meat has much protein and can cause the appearance of stones. The animal meat should be eaten only once or twice a week.
- Sausages: they also contain a lot of salt, amount of preservatives and additives that damage your kidneys but not only virtually but all of your internal organs. Also lead to overweight, high cholesterol, get stuck in the intestines causing a long list of affections.
- Avoid eating: chocolate, spinach and tea, as these foods in excess can cause kidney problems.
Other tips for the health of the kidneys:
Make physical activity: it is necessary to maintain good circulation and physical activity to make the kidneys feel well stimulated. Prolonged sitting or standing is very bad for the kidneys. We recommend that you take half an hour of exercise a day.
The explosive emotions of anger and criticism and / or disappointment usually download a lot of tension which particularly affects the kidneys. The pent up anger help the emergence of stones. So you should try to maintain emotional health also trying to live a relaxed, creative and enthusiastic life. For this, nothing better to spend some time daily to personal development, reading topics that help us to understand better and have a wise attitude to everything that happens to us everyday life.
Reduce or avoid alcohol and irritants such as vinegar, mustard, etc..
Control diabetes and high blood pressure: if you have diabetes or high blood pressure, you should be more careful with your kidneys, and focus on meeting these conditions naturally, because if not controlled, they reduce the pressure on the heart and blood vessels, affecting the kidneys.
If you are overweight, it is necessary to do your best to reduce those extra kilos because the kidneys try too hard when there is obesity. In this case, we recommend you follow the diet of birdseed and pineapple, green tea diet or the syrup one. You will lose weight and heal your internal organs and purify your body..
In case of infection or inflammation of the kidneys: you should exclude from your diet white sugar and bakery immediately, which are bad in these conditions. These products are also very harmful to your body, especially for the nervous system. They deteriorate and weaken the immune system, so please try not to consume in your daily diet. It is best to replace these products with whole grain or brown sugar, molasses, grain or honey. It is always advisable to sweeten the less possible.
The best of Health
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?