Jellies and sweets can be made with agar-agar, a highly nutritious red alga. Agar-agar is undoubtedly one of the best options for making sweet dishes with vegetable ingredients. The basis for desserts is obtained from the boiling of eight different types of red algae, filtered and finally lyophilized to obtain dry matter somewhat brittle and completely soluble upon contact with water, even at low temperatures can reach thirty-fold increase in volume. Agar-agar jelly stands out from the others because it maintains its consistency in both warm and cold climate, which is not possible with any other product of the same nature.
Fruit Gelatin with Agar-agar
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 4 grams of agar-agar powder
- 2 cups of orange juice and pineapple juice in syrup
- 1 lemon
- Fruit to taste (strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, peach, apple ...)
- Heat the orange juice with pineapple juice in syrup and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- When it starts to boil, we add the agar-agar, sprinkling. Stir for a few minutes to remove any lumps and reserve the mixture to cool slightly.
- Cut all fruit into small pieces and extend it into a mold until full. Pour the liquid to cover the fruit and put it in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes. Unmold and serve.
Agar-agar dessert glaze
- 10g of agar-agar
- 250g of brown sugar
- 50g of glucose
- 750g of water
- Put the sugar and agar-agar in a saucepan. Add the sugar and water, mix everything and bring to a simmer. Let boil and remove from the fire a moment, again put a boil again, then again (lift the boil 3 times).
- Pour into a Bolton before it gets cold because it gets hard.
- Store in the refrigerator, it lasts a few months.
- To use remove a part of Bolton and heat, apply hot liquid until looks as a jelly. It can be tinted with food coloring, for example to put on red berries.
Agar-agar fruit gummy
- 50 grams of unflavored gelatin
- 110 cm3 of water
- 200 grams of glucose
- 300 grams of brown sugar
- Fruit Essences
- Natural colors
- Mix in saucepan the water, sugar and glucose and put them into the fire.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin with 10 tablespoons of water. Put it in the pan.
- Remove from heat and pass it to another container to warm up. Place the preparation into different molds with different colors and essences.
- When cool, but before it hardens, separate small portions of the mixture, give way and pass them with sugar.
- Set aside to cool slightly and enjoy them.
- ?1/2 l of water
- 0.8 g of agar-agar powder
- Mix the agar-agar powder with water and bring to a boil stirring constantly with a whisk, once it boils, it looks like a gel and put in the desired recipient.
Ingredients (4 or 6 servings)
- 100g of white chocolate
- 125ml of milk
- 200ml of single cream
- 2 g of agar-agar
- 2 egg whites
- 40 g of brown sugar
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler with sugar.
- Mix cold milk with agar-agar and boil 30 seconds.
- Heat the cream, without boiling.
- Add the melted chocolate to the milk, then cream and finally with great delicacy, the egg whites.
- Divide the mixture into molds inserting several layers of mousse with a cookie and ending with a layer of chocolate.
- Leave in the refrigerator at least an hour.
Apple pie with agar-agar
- 1 teaspoon of coffee or mocha Agar-agar powder
- 4 apples
- 250 ml. of water
- Caramel or honey
- Crumble the cookies with butter and mix until you have a dough. Spread over base of pan.
- Peel apples and cut into thin wedges. Sauté with a little butter until soft and golden. Place the pieces on top of cookie dough.
- Boil water with agar-agar for 1 minute. Remove and add the caramel. Pour the mixture into the pan until it covers the apples. Place in refrigerator.