Stone therapy or geothermal therapy is one of the alternatives for health and beauty spas, or requested in the most prestigious beauty centers worldwide. This therapy was inspired by the oriental discipline whereby the body there are channels through which vital energy circulates, or prana, 7 chakras or energy vortices located along the central channel of the body that correspond to different organs and systems the body.
The stone massages, hot or cold, are not new. Both the Eastern culture as American Indians used since many years ago the stone massage to relax, stimulate circulation, relieve ailments, heal diseases, etc..
How is the therapy performed?
Obsidian stone is mainly used, which have the ability to retain heat for long. The stones can be used in two ways: statically, where there is pressure at different energy points of the body, trying to stimulate and regulate the energy flow. The other way is to implement dynamically stones, through which massage maneuvers that are performed with well-studied rocks. During the massage, the person has to lie face down on a table, preferably with the back exposed.
The stones, either cold or hot, are up the skin along various energy points of the body, usually beginning with the spine, trying to locate the stones to the height of the seven chakras related. Then more stones can be placed in other specific points such as above the palms or the back of the knee joints. Once the stones have been placed, proceed to the opening and closing of the energetic connection of the upper and lower limbs. The concentration of heat over the chakras helps regulate the body's energy flow. The session lasts approximately 90 minutes.
What is about the temperature of the stones?
The hot and cold stones are applied for different purposes:
Hot stones: the hot stones are heated at about 50 °, temperature has the following benefits in the body:
- Relaxes muscles
- Increases blood flow, essential for good oxygenation and cellular nutrition of all body systems and organs.
- Increase in cell metabolism.
Cold stones: cold stones on the other hand, are applid to a temperature of about 8 °, which causes the following in the body:
- A glass construction, release of histamine which acts on pain and inflammation processes.
- Body toning
The application of stones either hot or cold in the body do not harm it, there are special stones for each area of the body, spine, hands, knees, head, feet, neck, and so on. If the benefits of the stones are combined with the experience of massage, which can get to use the stones with true mastery, then we can accentuate the great benefits of stone therapy.
Benefits of Stone Therapy
- You experience true relaxation and wellness.
- It contributes to hardening of tissues.
- Detoxifies the body.
- Helps fight back aches and neck.
- Help to cure ailments.
- Provides instant relief to stress.
- Helps fight physical and mental fatigue.
- Helps reduce muscle contractions and inflammation.
- It helps to drain the lactic acid and carbon.
- Activate blood circulation.
- The therapy induces deep meditation.
- Organs and body systems energize and balance their energy
- Helps reduce headaches, tension, and feeling sick.
- They help to heal various ailments due to balance and proper flow of vital energy in the body.
- Helps the skin looks better.
- It is said that this therapy helps to develop greater spiritual depth.
Who can take this therapy?
Everyone can take this therapy, especially recommended for people who wish to relax or for those who feel constant pressure or become ill often, very beneficial to athletes or enhancing high performance physical labor. They must refrain severe in people with back problems or pregnant. Many of the stones used by therapists are obtained from rivers or forests, making an intuitive selection of stones to better serve their therapy. Sometimes, therapists combine their session with aromatherapy or music therapy.
The best of Alternative Therapies
Products related with Stone Massage: an alternative for health and beauty
You have not found what you were looking for?