In hot season, there is nothing better than a dessert made with fruit, which is refreshing and has many minerals and vitamins. The cakes are a type of food that is eaten as a dessert and can be stuffed with cereals, fruits, seeds or cheese (or none). This type of dessert is very popular and useful in all kinds of celebrations and to accompany a good coffee or tea. We have selected five delicious cakes made with different fruits.
- 250 gr. of flour
- A pinch of salt
- 150 gr. of butter
- 1 cup of cream
- 1 k. of apple
- 150 gr. of sugar
- 3 eggs
- jam to taste
- Knead the flour with butter and a little water. Make a ball and let rest 2 hours.
- Stretch the dough into the pan and put in oven for 15 minutes to make a tart.
- Make a cream with cream, eggs and sugar. Peel and slice apples and add to the dough. Pour the mixture over the tart. Decorate with the remaining sliced apples, peeled. Introduce into the oven at 170 º C for 35 minutes.
- Lubricate and decorate with jam to give it shine.
- 1 cake cover
- 1 / 4 kg. of fresh figs
- 1 / 2 cup of Brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 / 2 cup of milk
- 1 / 4 cup of crushed walnuts
- 1 / 2 cup of flour
- 50 grs. of Margarine
- Wash and chop the figs. Place them in a bowl and add the beaten eggs, milk, nuts, and melted margarine. Pour in a little flour and sugar, stirring well.
- Cover with oiled tart maker, pie-crust, and fill with the previous preparation. Cook in moderate oven for 20 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
Orange and nut cake
- 220 grs. of flour
- 75 grs. of fine cake flour
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 225 g of cold unsalted butter
- 115 ml of ice water
- Grind the salt, flour, sugar and butter with two knives or with processor until consistency of sand. Add the ice water and work quickly to make a paste. Careful not to rush to work with warm butter.
- Crush with your hand a few times to mix, make a disk with the dough, wrap in plastic and leave it in the refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- 1 ¼ cups of sugar
- 115 ml of water
- 240 ml of cream
- 225 g of chopped nuts not too thin
- 175 grs. of unsalted butter
- 85 ml of strong-flavored honey (lavender, etc.)
- Orange segments and a half cup of orange juice
- Heat water and sugar on high heat until the sugar dissolves and take a pale brown color. Remove from heat and add cream, bubbles will grow, it's normal. Return to a simmer and cook 15-20 minutes until thick enough to stay. Add nuts, butter, orange juice and honey and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Spread with half a roll dough and put it into a cake with the bottom that can be removed. Fill the tart mold and put a lid on the dough that we made above, close the sides to not let out the stuffing during cooking.
- Put it in the oven for 25-35 minutes until the dough becomes golden. Decorate with orange slices and serve the tart warm with vanilla ice cream and oranges on top.
Classic Cheese Cake
Yield: 8-10 people
- 3 large eggs
- 3 yogurt (2 natural and 1 lemon or lime)
- 250 grams of natural cheese type Philadelphia
- 120 grams of wheat flour (the normal)
- 150 grams of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of yeast (I used Royal Yeast)
- butter for mold
- Put oven heat to 175 º (Celsius).
- Mix flour with yeast.
- In a bowl, drop the 3 whole eggs and sugar. Beat until well blended with a bit of foam.
- Add to bowl the flour with yeast and other ingredients of the cake, i.e. cheese and yogurt Beat well until a homogeneous mixture (that everything is well integrated).
- Now let the mixture stand for a couple of minutes while greasing well with butter the mold you want to use.
- Pour the batter of cheesecake in the pan and put in oven at 175 º (Celsius). Leave 35 to 50 minutes.
- When baked the cake get it out of the oven, let cool and lubricants. Put in refrigerator and serve cold (not iced).
- NOTE: The baking time will vary greatly depending on the type of mold you use (silicone, metal, etc). The molds for cakes with irregular shapes, such as the one I used have the problem that do not distribute the heat evenly so there are parts of the cheesecake will be made before and others will take longer.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 liters of soy milk or cow
- 6 egg yolks
- 200 grams of brown sugar
- 75 grams of whole flour
- 50 g of cornstarch
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 cinnamon stick
- grated lemon
- 2 kiwis and 8 strawberries
- Flour the work surface, spread with the roll the puff pastry dough. Grease bottom of a cake mold with butter and put puff pastry sheet, cut the dough over, click the base and fill with dried white beans so it does not swell in the oven.
- Enter the mold in the preheated oven at 220 º C until the dough is golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool and remove the beans.
- Put in a saucepan to heat and heat the milk with cinnamon, vanilla and grated lemon skin, which does not reach boiling point. Mix in a bowl the flour sifted with the cornstarch and sugar, then add the egg yolks and half a glass of milk (which are heated) and mix well with the rods.
- Remove the cinnamon and vanilla and the milk enters the bowl from the saucepan mixture, without stirring with a wooden spoon, remove from heat before it begins to boil, stirring a few minutes and still, it is quite thick. Let cool to room temperature while preparing the fruit.
- Wash strawberries and cut into sheets, peels kiwis and cut in thin strips. Fill the pastry with the cream once it has cooled, put fruits as you like.
- Prepare a light syrup with sugar and water and paint the surface of the fruit, but you can also do with a little neutral gelatin. Reserve in refrigerator until eaten.
About the author