Published: 08/28/2013 - Updated: 11/19/2016
The pomegranate is a fruit that stands out for its incredible colour, texture and flavour, but not only these features come to light when we talk about this fruit as it also has benefits which stand out against other fruits: anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antioxidant: the "three As" to improve our health.
Its benefits range from improving oral health thanks to its antiseptic properties, preventing diseases of the cardiovascular system to prevent premature aging. Do not hesitate to include it in your cooking to benefit from its many medicinal properties today!
Eggplant and Pomegranate Salad
- 1 Eggplant
- 1/3 cup of Olive oil
- 1 Italian Lettuce
- 200 gr. of Baby spinach
- 2 Oranges
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp. of Lemon juice
- 2 pomegranates
- Salt & Pepper (sufficient amount)
- Cut the eggplant into thin slices, place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with enough salt and let stand 20 minutes to prevent it being too bitter.
- Remove the excess oil and sprinkle with salt, bake for 30 minutes at 200 °C until the eggplants are soft.
- Cut the pomegranates and blend one of them with the lemon juice, garlic and remaining olive oil to form an emulsion, season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lettuce, spinach, orange slices, eggplant and pomegranate seeds in a bowl.
- Dress with the dressing.
Chicken Breasts with Jalapeno and pomegranate
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup of Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 or 2 Jalapeños
- 3 tbsp. of Lemon juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp. of Chopped cilantro
- 4 tbsp. of Olive oil
- 1/2 Chopped onion
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tbsp. of Paprika
- 1 tbsp. of Lemon zest
- Chop a clove of garlic and mix with paprika, lemon zest, onion and oil.
- Marinate the chicken in this preparation for about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Mix the pomegranate seeds with the cilantro, lemon juice, minced jalapeno and diced avocado, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook chicken in a hot pan or grill for about 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve along with pomegranate and avocado mixture.
Rice with pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups of Rice
- 4 cups of Water
- 1 cup of Pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup of Sliced organic almonds
- 1 Onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp. of Butter
- Cook the rice with water and salt.
- Sauté onion, garlic and almonds in 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Sauté the rice with a little butter, add the onion preparation.
- Add the pomegranate and serve.
Pomegranate Panna cotta
- 1 1/2 cups of pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup of Pomegranate seeds
- 7g of gelatin
- 40 ml. of Water
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 3 Oranges
- 1/2 cup of Whipping cream or cream
- 1 ½ cups of Milk
- Hydrate the gelatin with 40 ml Water.
- Juice the oranges.
- Heat the pomegranate juice with the sugar until thick. Add the gelatin, orange juice, cream and milk and heat without allowing it to boil.
- Place in containers or jelly molds greased with vegetable oil and chill until firm.
- Remove from mold and serve with pomegranate seeds sprinkled on top.
Pomegranate Antioxidant Drink
- 2 ½ cups of pomegranate juice
- 5 tbsp. of Mint leaves
- 1 litre of mineral water
- 1/4 cup of Lemon juice
- Honey or sugar as preferred
- 1 ½ cups of Ice
- 2 tsp. of Orange zest
- 1 cup of pomegranate seeds
- Crush the mint leaves in a mortar or blender with sugar or honey.
- Add the pomegranate juice and the remaining ingredients.
- Combine and serve cold.