Published: 02/05/2009 - Updated: 02/22/2014
Marine algae are scientifically recognized as a food of high nutritional value. So speak the researchers who have studied the algae in Spain:
- For its low in calories and fat,
- The high concentration of minerals, vitamins, protein (essential amino acids) and indigestible carbohydrates,
- For its outstanding level of dietary fiber,
- For their high nutrient content,
- Seaweeds are an excellent source of food worldwide.
Food rich in protein, minerals, vitamins and other nutrients, such as polyunsaturated fatty acids. Its high content of minerals and trace elements. All the elements needed by humans are found in algae in sufficient quantities.
The oldest living creatures on the planet are also one of the few wild algae, a luxury in these times. It is a natural resource that is renewed annually in the sea and this means a stable and sustainable food.
Avocado salad with algae spaghetti
- 10g of algae Spaghetti
- 4 avocados
- 2 carrots
- a handful of raisins of Corinth
- olive oil
- lemon basil
- Put the algae Spaghetti to soak for 20 minutes.
- Peel avocados and cut into sheets and reserve basting with lemon so they do not rust.
- Clean and peel the carrots and cut into julienne (thin sticks).
- After the 20 minutes of soaking Spaghetti, begin to assemble the salad.
- We will put first avocados with the lemon, followed by the Spaghetti Sea and carrots, finished with raisins and currants we will add generously with olive oil and sprinkle with basil.
Beet and dulse algae soup
- Dulse seaweed (20 g)
- 1 kg of beet red
- 200 ml of milk cream or soy milk
- goat cheese
- clove of garlic (optional)
- the juice of half lemon
- white pepper
- herbs or chives
- instant seaweed for decoration
- Wash beets without removing the skin to prevent bleeding in cooking. Immerse in boiling water with a pinch of salt and cook until soft and skin is readily apparent.
- Drain and reserve and where we have at room temperature, add the cream, yogurt, garlic, lemon, seaweed and spices. Grind until you get the texture right. Store in the refrigerator and serve decorated with fresh sprigs of fresh chives.
Croquettes of tofu and nori seaweed
- 5 g of Nori seaweed
- 1 large onion
- 300 grams of tofu (tofu)
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 3 tablespoons of integral soy
- spices (turmeric, ginger, seaweed instant)
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Cut small onions and stir-fry well in olive oil. Besides, in a pan without oil, toast the nori seaweed and reserve.
- When the onion is transparent add the soy sauce, spices, tofu that have crushed (or failing the "Okara" which Soybean is the remainder left after the soy drink) and we toast Nori reserved. Let it cook a couple minutes and add the flour, remove it and add the soy beverage, leaving it to simmer a few minutes for us to be linked, and we can remove from heat and let stand until cold.
- Once the cold mass began to form croquettes. Then flour and fry in plenty of olive oil and then placed in a tray on a paper towel.
- Serve with plenty of grated carrot or beet.
Tomatoes stuffed with Wakame algae
Ingredients for 4
- 4 large tomatoes or salad leaves
- Sweet seaweed (10 g) cut into pieces, 1 leaf
- wakame seaweed (10 g ) cut into strips
- 4 tablespoons of corn in grain
- 100 g. of Black olives (Aragon type)
- lettuce 1 large (cut into very fine julienne)
- 4 raw mushrooms (in very thin sheets)
- 1 golden apple (in very thin sheets)
- olive oil
- salt herb seasoning
- algae (seaweed instant)
- oregano leaf
- First soak wakame seaweed for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile wash tomatoes under running water with cold water.
- Proceed to cut them in half and fill it with akame (soaking and drained) with seaweed without soaking and the other ingredients mentioned above. Season with oil, salt, herbs and seaweed instant. Finally sprinkle with oregano, stay in the fridge and serve cool. For fans of the sauces can accompany these tomatoes with mayonnaise, garlic sauce, pesto sauce or almonds. Algae combine well with all of them.
Note: This simple and colorful way to prepare tomatoes, rehydrated, is ideal for hot days in summer. Upon returning from the beach, opening the refrigerator and find a tray ready in the morning is a refreshing pleasure.
Chickpeas with Kombu and wakame seaweed
for 4 people
- 500 g. of chickpeas (soak at least 12 hours)
- 1 leaf of seaweed wakame (cut into strips)
- 1 leaf of Kombu seaweed (cut into strips)
- 1 cabbage (cut into strips)
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- strips of piquillo peppers (roasted)
- olive oil
- First yoast in the oven or skillet Kombu dried for 5 minutes, until remains crisp.
- Then in a pot with plenty of lukewarm water with a little cumin (unsalted ), put the seaweed Kombu and chickpeas and cook on medium heat until they are soft. Approximately 45 minutes are usually sufficient. Once cooked, add the salt and five minutes later we can drain and reserve.
- While the beans are cooked with Kombu, prepare the cabbage as follows:
- in an earthenware dish bathe in oil Olive brown garlic, along with a pinch of curry, cumin powder and paprika. Add the cabbage and wakame seaweed, which we will cook covered with spices, to fire at least 10 minutes.
- When it starts to be al dente, put salt and continue to 5 minutes more. It's time to add the beans with Kombu, stirring for a few minutes to incorporate the flavor of the vegetable species. Serve hot, decorated with strips of piquillo peppers.
Agar agar cake and fruit curd
- 4 eggs (yolks and whites separately)
- 1 tablespoon of hot water
- fructose 120 g or 150 g of sugar
- 100 g of whole grain flour
- 20 g of corn flour
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of baking soda
For the filling
- 3 tablespoons of agar agar flakes
- 500g of curd
- 150 g of fructose
- grated half of half a lemon or orange (possibly from organically grown
- otherwise it may have traces of pesticides)
- 400 g of cream
- 1 / 2 jar of jam for red fruits, unsweetened
- a handful of fresh fruit for decoration (blackberries, raspberries, redcurrants ...)
- First develop a type biscuit dough as follows: Separate the yolks from the clear, mixing first with a spoonful of hot water, add the fructose in the form of fine rain, continue beating until get a creamy paste. Mix flour with yeast and cornmeal add to the yolks.
- Beat the clear with a pinch of salt until they are about to snow and incorporated into the dough carefully.
- Dump the dough into a detachable mold from 28 cm. lightly oiled. Bake about 20 minutes in the oven that have previously heated to 200 º C. Once cooked lubricants. Cool to room temperature and cut the biscuit in half horizontally.
- While it was baking the biscuit, we mix the curd with fructose and grated orange.
- In a pan with a little water to dissolve the Agar agar up their perfect solution, let cool. Before you start to jell mix thoroughly with the curd and whipped cream.
- Cover the bottom of the cake first with a little jam and cream curd. Place above the second bottom and repeat the operation. Allow to solidify the cream.
- Cover with the second bottom of biscuit, which decorated with a thin layer of jam, giving the final touch with a handful of fruits of the forest located on an informal basis at the center of the cake.
- Save in the refrigerator until consumption.
Agar agar, plums and apple sweet (no sugar or fructose)
- 2 tablespoons of agar agar flakes
- 150 grams of prunes without bone
- 5 golden apples
- half lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of cream
- mashed almonds or crushed almonds 100g peeled.
- First soak sliced plums and a little water to cover. Then add the agar agar and in the meantime, peel and slice apples to make a thick-bottomed pot with water covering up to half its volume and plums and soaking prior cooking 8 min. Then pass through the blender until creamy smooth and fine.
- Dump the contents into a cake mold elongated form, which will wet with cold water. Allow to cool and store in the refrigerator until consumption.
- Lubricants and serve fresh, decorated with small green apple slices, which have previously dipped in lemon juice to avoid oxidation.
- Some fresh mint leaves also give us a contrast of color and a pleasant aroma.
Note: This dessert, especially fresh, is ideal for those who need or want to avoid eggs, milk and sugar in their diet, since none of these ingredients is included.
The best of Seaweed Recipes
Products related with Seaweed Recipes
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?