The spinach pie, tuna with vegetables or pumpkin with cheese can be a delicious and nutritious alternative for your dinner this year. Such dishes are very handy for those special moments because you do not need to pay attention to cook and serve, just to put the cake in the oven a few minutes and then allow each person have a piece to taste.
Spinach and tofu cake
- 2 ½ cups of flour
- ½ pound of butter, cold
- Cream cheese (8 oz)
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of brown sugar
For the filling:
- 1 / 3 cup of finely chopped onion
- 1 ½ ounces of margarine (half bar)
- 3 cups of chopped cooked spinach
- 1 pot of tofu (200 gms)
- 1 ½ cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 6 slices of cheese to melt
- white pepper
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 egg white
- Sift the flour with salt and sugar in a bowl, add butter and cream cheese, with your hands or with a stirrup join these ingredients into a ball, extend to half a roll dough on a floured surface and a mold lined 9-inch pie with this paste.
- A day before, clean the spinach and cook in a pot without water. Season with salt. Drain in a colander until release the liquid, put in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a skillet fry the onion in butter until translucent and add a cup of milk. When boil add the other half cup of milk in which the flour is dissolved, move constantly. Add the cheese and season. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Let cool and then add the beaten eggs. This mixture is added to the spinach and pour it over the bottom crust. Cover with the remaining half of dough. Paint with egg white.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.
Tuna and olive pie
- 4 cans of tuna
- 1 kg. of pie dough
- 1 canned chipotle chile
- 1 small onion
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1 small garlic
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 can of pitted olives
- Roast the tomatoes with a quarter of the onion and garlic.
- In a large skillet, begin to fry the remaining onion in a little oil.
- Liquefy tomato and add to the sautéed onions and boil a minute, later, add the mayonnaise and olives and chipotle chili seasoned with a little vegetable broth because we must remember that the tuna is salty then add the cans of tuna drained and boil over medium heat stirring constantly until the broth is consumed mostly. Since this cold tuna is added to the mold and where the pasta should be extended to the foot.
Corn and potato pie
- 3 / 4 cup of butter or margarine
- 1 medium potato
- 3 / 4 cup of fresh milk
- 10 ears of corn (blending with the milk previously requested)
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Pepper to taste
For the filling:
- For each patty or piece: 2 grapes, 1 slice of boiled egg and 1 olive
- 1 / 2 cup of lard
- 1 cup of water with ground red pepper
- 1 / 2 cup of parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 / 4 cup white of sugar
- 1 / 2 tablespoon of vinegar
- 2 potatoes
- 1 / 2 cup of cooked peas
- 1 1 / 2 kg of beef (minced)
- 2 cups of white onion
- 1 1 / 2 cups of chopped Chinese onion
- 2 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin diluted in 3 cups water
- Sugar glass
- On low heat, melt the butter or margarine in a saucepan, add the corn kernels blended with milk and stir with wooden spoon to prevent sticking. Season and add the finely grated potato. Cook 10 minutes and add warm milk if the preparation is being very dry.
- Remove from heat, add beaten yolks and mix everything well. Incorporate the egg whites until stiff with movements, to prevent the fall.
- The filling: sauté in butter ground red pepper dissolved in a little water, until the two become separated. Season and cook 10 minutes over low heat without stirring. Add white onions and chopped Chinese onion and cook 5 minutes more. Off the heat add the sugar, parsley, vinegar, peas and potatoes cut into small cubes.
- In another pot, cook the gelatin over high heat and boil, add the meat, mix rapidly and add the dressing, mix well and put it in the refrigerator until set.
- Grease a rectangular pan, previously buttered and floured, and if desired sprinkle with sugar. We place a portion of the mixture into the bottom mold base (first layer) and cover with the filling, put the slice of egg, raisins and olives and cast the rest of mixture (second layer) and sprinkle powdered sugar. .
- Finally we cook in preheated oven 250 ° F (120 ° C) for 40 minutes and serve hot.
- 300 grs. Of flour
- 200 grs. Of cold margarine
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. of white wine
- 1 broccoli
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- Garlic powder
- 1 cup of bechamel sauce
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Crust: Place in a bowl the margarine into small pieces, flour, egg and wine and stir until the mixture compacted.
- Spread the dough with a rolling pin and place in a baking cakes, click on the bottom of the dough with a fork. Bake 10 minutes at 200 ° F until brown, remove from oven and cool.
- Filling: Separate broccoli florets, chop the zucchini, carrot and leek into rings. Place the vegetables in boiling water for 15 minutes, strain and sauté in margarine. Sprinkle with garlic and adobo to taste.
- Pie: Add vegetables with bechamel sauce, place within the crust and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for five minutes before serving, to grill.
- 1 lb. of whole wheat flour
- 1 / 2 lbs. of butter
- 1 tsp. of salt
- Cold water
- 1 cup of cooked chicken meat and minced
- Garlic paste
- Parsley and nuts (pine nuts, almonds, hazelnuts, fried or toasted bread) which is pounded with mortar, the paste used to bind or thicken sauces, while accentuating the taste of dishes that are prepared)
- 2 tbsp. of minced white onion
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp. of chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp. of with achiote oil (optional)
- 2 boiled eggs and chopped
- Salt and ground cumin
- Toss the flour, salt and water in a bowl to make a dough. Knead well and let stand for 20 min. Then extend it and brush the entire surface with butter. Fold the dough in four, like a handkerchief. Let stand for 15 min. Repeat four times to finish all the butter. Allow the dough to rest for 20 min.
- Put in a saucepan all ingredients except the eggs, season to taste and sauté until the meat begins to brown and dry prepared this. Remove from heat, add the chopped egg and allow to cool slightly.
- Roll out the dough and cut 6x6 square centimeters. Put some filling in the center of the square. Moisten edges with water and place another square on top, pressing edges to paste. Paint the pastry with beaten egg yolk with 2 tbsp. of milk. Bake the cakes in hot oven (350-F) until golden, about 20 min. Serve hot or cold with a slice of lemon.