Fresh vegetables and nuts in combination result in a dish not only delicious but really good; nuts can also be an ideal garnish for meats and most types of dishes. These salads are suitable for any time of year, are very easy to prepare and are good friends for the holidays.
German Apple Salad
- 2 lettuce heads
- 2 endives
- 1 apple
- 1 tomato
- 75 grams of fresh cheese
- Dried figs
For the dressing:
- 100 gr. of chestnut
- 1 apple
- 1 dash of Calvados
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Wash the lettuce and cut into strips, wash the endive leaves. Cut cheese into cubes. Chop the tomatoes into cubes, and the apple in dices.
- Prepare the cream of chestnuts. Boil the chestnuts and peel them, put through the food mill, also with apple (cook and go through the food mill). Mix the chestnut puree and apple, add the Calvados and a little salt and pepper. You can add a little Calvados or water with a teaspoon of sugar (to taste) if the sauce is too thick, while adjusting its sweetness.
- Prepare a salad source as follows: a bottom base with lettuce, tomato, cheese and apple. Place endive, walnuts and some cheese over. Add chopped almonds, raisins, chopped dried figs or according to taste (even other nuts).
- Season all with brown sauce and apple.
- Red Beet
- Chunks of white and red cabbage
- Nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, nuts ... etc)
- Shred cabbage, carrots, turnips, beets and onions. Mix everything in a bowl of salad. Add above mixed nuts and chopped parsley. Dress with olive oil.
Christmas salad (to accompany Turkey)
- 4 potatoes
- 1 lettuce
- 1 chicory
- 20 Nuts
- 150 ml of cream
- 50 gr of Emmentaler cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Clean and finely chop the lettuce and chicory. In a saucepan, boil potatoes in salted water and cut.
- In a bowl, mix the cream with nuts, a little pepper and salt.
- In a dish, arrange the slices of potatoes and a drizzle of olive oil in spray. Cover with lettuce and chicory. Season with cream and sprinkle with cheese Emmental.
Sweet Christmas Salad (2)
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Half cup of brown sugar or to taste.
- 1 can of canned pineapple
- 1 can of peach
- 1 glass of wine for every kilo of dried fruit
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch for every kilo of dried fruit
- 1 lemon for each kilo of dried fruit
- Soak raisins and prunes for half an hour, then put hot water and pour the prunes and raisins clean and drained for 5 minutes more to continue the process of washing and softening of dried fruits
- Replace hot water and add sugar to taste (not too sweet). Put the pineapple and peaches cut into small pieces, cover the pot to boil for half an hour. If necessary, increase boiling water. Then form a syrup. Arrange fruits and add wine, lemon juice and finally put the cornstarch to thicken.
The best of Recipes & Cooking
Products related with Salads with nuts
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?