Published: 05/06/2006 - Updated: 06/08/2014
Saffron, as spice, comes from the stigmas of these flowers together with its corresponding style, once they have been properly dried through a process of roasting heat, original and distinctive. The drying process with the specific properties of the material gives the characteristics of final product quality.
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of cumin in grains
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 3 cardamoms, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 / 2 cup of rice
- 1 cc of salt
- 1 / 2 cup of broth
- 1 / 4 cc of saffron
- Heat the butter and fry the cumin, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, pepper and bay leaf for 2'.
- Add rice and fry. Pour the broth and saffron.
- Cook covered 10'.
- 400 gr of rice
- 4 nephrops
- 4 prawns
- 8 mussels
- olive oil
- 1 / 2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tomatoes for grating
- 2 cloves of garlic cut into slices
- 1 ¼ cup of fish broth
- Calculate double volume of water for rice.
- Gently fry seafood slowly until brown. Then once browned, remove and fry the garlic until brown, put the grated tomatoes and add the saffron.
- Then add rice and cook slowly for 20 minutes. At the end add the seafood.
- 1 / 2 kg of fish (monkfish, prawns, etc.).
- 1 / 4 kg of mussels
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of white wine
- 30g of toasted almonds
- 2 slices of bread
- white pepper
- In a deep saucepan sauté the grated onion in a little oil when it takes color, add 2 cloves of garlic and a sprig of chopped parsley and tomatoes, peeled and sliced; cook few minutes, add the fish and pour cold water to cover it.
- Grind saffron, 2 cloves garlic, almonds, fried bread slices and a sprig of parsley in mortar. Put in preparation, season with salt and pepper and let cook covered for 20 minutes over low heat.
- Steam open mussels, remove the shell and pass the juice that has evolved by a fine strainer. Add it to the soup a few minutes before the end of cooking.
- Strain fish broth. Divide the fish and mussels in 4 individual bowls and pour broth. Unfold the thawed puff pastry sheets, roll and stretch to cut 4 discs diameter slightly larger than the bowl. Moisten edges with water and place the bowls on pressing with your fingers to stay firmly attached.
- Paint the surface with egg and cook in hot oven until the pastry has risen and is golden.
- 300 grams of spaghetti
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- ½ liter of milk
- Some threads of saffron
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 grams of grated Emmental cheese
- Boil spaghetti in plenty of salted water until "al dente".
- Refresh under running cold water, drain and reserve