The roasted gains are known as Kasha, and they produced this typical Russian dish which is made with different cereals and different grains of wheat. The kasha can be liquid or thick, pasty or juicy, salty, sweet and even spicy. These dishes can be prepared in many ways, either with milk, vegetable, water, vegetable broth or meat, etc. In Russia, the most popular are Kasha of alforón (buckwheat), semolina, rice, oats and wheat. If you want to try new styles of natural and healthy food, these recipes here:
Kasha with Mushrooms
- 300 gr. Of buckwheat flour
- 100 gr. of mushrooms
- 100 gr. of butter
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 2 onions
- Water and salt
- Chop onion and fry with a little butter or olive oil.
- Cook the mushrooms and flour in water with salt.
- Remove and chop.
- Cut the eggs and throw them together with the mushrooms and onion in broth in the flour. Add some butter.
- Go to a buttered baking dish and bake 20 minutes.
- Boil the corn in salt water. Cook the mushrooms and fry the onions. Cut the mushrooms, onions and eggs. Mix everything into the kasha. Remove to oven.
Kasha with zucchini
- 200 grams of brown rice
- 14 mushrooms
- 40 grams of butter
- 1 small onion
- vegetable broth
- Wash zucchini and cut into strips
- Cut the onion and sauté
- Cook vegetables in broth brown rice with onion and sea salt
- After 15 minutes of cooking add the zucchini and let it simmer
- Stir-fry everything in the skillet with butter and garnish with lemon drops
- 1 cup of buckwheat
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
For the sauce:
- 3 onions
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
- Soy sauce
- Toast the wheat in a pan with the tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan, put to boil 2 cups of water and pour the wheat over. Add salt to taste, cover the pan or pot and simmer 20 minutes.
- Cut the onion into thin rings and cook in sesame oil until they are soft.
- Add flour and mix gently. Pour 3 cups of water and continue to stir until smooth.
- Simmer 20 minutes counting from the time it begins to boil.
- Add a few drops of soy sauce, salt to taste (optional), and buckwheat, mix well and serve.
Gouryevskaya kasha (Sweet)
- 1 cup of corn meal
- 2 cups of soy milk
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 cups of cream (heavy) or dry Buttermilk
- 2 / 3 cup of nuts
- 2 cups of fruits
- 1 / 2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 / 2 Lemon
- Sea salt
- In a pan or container that can be put in the oven, add the cream (thick) or dry Buttermilk put into the hot oven.
- As soon as there is a layer above or pink skin appear, remove from oven.
- Carefully remove the layer or skin and carefully place it on a plate, preventing the skin tear or rupture, do this operation for 7 times, to have the 7 layers or skins.
- Boil the semolina or viscous kasha (porridge) in milk.
- Add butter, sugar, vanilla, salt and mix well.
- Put in oven to heat for 30 minutes.
- Add remaining cream to baked Kasha.
- The nuts should caramelize, the kasha otherwise dull and drab stay.
- Heat in the pan as first. Then throw in warm water for 10 minutes.
- Then remove skin and cut. Place 1 / 2 cup of sugar in a pan and bring the heat, add the lemon juice, waiting until it turns a reddish color and add the nuts.
- As soon as they become caramelized remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Prepare the baking container, smeared with butter, put some kasha as a base or first layer, then a skin and nuts, add the chopped fruits and repeat until you have exhausted the skins, the last part is made of kasha.
- Decorate with sugar, fruit and nuts, place the container in hot oven 10 to 20 minutes.
Kasha with Arame Seaweed
- 300 g of buckwheat flour
- 1 cup of Arame seaweed
- 100 g of chayote
- 100 g of butter
- 4 hard cooked eggs
- 2 onions
- Water and sea salt
- Put buckwheat flour to cook in salted water.
- Cook chayote steamed, without cooking too much.
- Fry the minced onion in butter. Cut the chayote and eggs. Pour all ingredients into the Kasha (semolina grains), add butter.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes over high heat.
About the author