Published: 05/03/2011 - Updated: 10/01/2018
Rosacea is a skin condition that usually affects people with white skin and European descendants. Usually, it manifests with a stain or redness on the cheeks, nose, forehead, etc., it can even affect the neck and chest.
In addition to the redness of the skin, other symptoms may appear as semi-permanent erythema, telangiectasia (dilation of superficial blood vessels of the face), burning, itching, red circular papules (tiny bumps), pustules and redness among others. It can sometimes be accompanied by acne and/or seborrheic dermatitis. All these symptoms can cause in the person isolation, depression or despair.
Rosacea, like every skin condition, can be treated and even cured if the body has the necessary elements to activate the self-healing capacity, which is really amazing. The disease only warns that the body does not have the necessary elements for its balance, which breaks certain laws in its harmony.
Doctors often control but don’t cure the real problem. The true healing has to do with a new set of habits: diet, emotional and mental.
The emotional factor is a big influence in all diseases of the skin. Stress and tension, for example, put us in a state of resistance contracting muscles and block the functioning of the body, which is reflected primarily in the skin.
In addition to the emotional factor, you should take into account diet as the foundation of healing that supports the healing process. No matter if you have a predisposition to suffer from acne or skin problems, if you meet the necessary elements; the skin will heal without doubt.
Food to combat Rosacea
Necessary foods in your diet:
- Vitamin A: essential for health and beauty of the skin. This vitamin is found in carrots, spirulina, fresh vegetables, orange or yellow fruits like mango, papaya, orange, peach, melon, etc. You should consider a daily intake between 700 and 1400 IU.
- Garlic and onion: these two foods are between the skin's best friends, great for keeping intestines functioning properly and have a clean and quality blood. What do intestines and blood have to do with rosacea? Everything, because if the intestines and blood are filled with many toxins, the skin will quickly suffer. If the blood is very acidic, there will be skin problems like this. You need to take raw garlic and onion daily, either fasting or in salads. A clove of garlic on an empty stomach is best for the body.
- Whole grains: rivers in fiber, minerals and oils to regenerate skin.
- Fish and foods rich in Omega-3: as cold-pressed vegetable oils, soybeans, wheat germ, almonds, and fish such as salmon and tuna.
- Vegetable milks: instead of cow's milk since it is very harmful for the body.
- Drink: at least 2 liters of pure water per day.
Foods to avoid which hinder the body's natural functions
- Bakery, refined and white sugar, products like sodas, cakes, sweets, etc., refined pastas, dressings such as ketchup, mustard, vinegar, etc.
- Harmful cholesterol-rich products as animal fats (red meat, dairy, cheeses, sausages, etc., butter, fried, processed, and all the junk food.
Changing of diet can be as difficult as quitting a vice, because we are used to a kind of life support. Many times we think we eat well, but we must also know how to combine food and don’t abuse of some of them even though they are very nutritious, because any abuse only becomes body waste.
Eating with conscience:
- It is best to eat 4 or 5 meals a day, which may be good for digestion and to get the most nutrients. Also, eating light prevents putrefaction or fermentation of food quickly.
- Avoid combining fruits with food, as this combination produces alcohol in the liver due to premature fermentation of food in the stomach, it's like drinking.
- You should drink two liters of pure water a day.
FASTING: Take a raw garlic clove with a glass of warm water, or drink the juice of one juicy lime dissolved in green tea, or a little aloe juice. Do not eat anything before you've spent half an hour.
BREAKFAST: Pick a fruit like papaya, mango, pineapple, grapes, etc., prepare a salad with a little honey and seeds. Choose only one fruit. Eat all you want, but do not eat anything else.
HALF DAY: Vegetarian sandwich, oatmeal with almond milk, toast with honey or brown ricewith vegetables.
FOOD: Choose a cooked dish, such as fish, soup, a stew of vegetables, etc. Just pick a casserole dish (hot), and accompany it with a salad of fresh vegetables or fresh vegetable juice (not fruit). If you're thirsty, it's best to drink pure water warm.
MID-AFTERNOON: Drink herbal tea such as peppermint, chamomile, mint, green tea or red, etc., without sugar.
DINNER: a plate of steamed vegetables with tofu, miso soup, pasta without cream or butter (with extra virgin olive oil, etc.).
Before bed, eat some fruit such as apple, which will help to purify blood and guts while you sleep.
Herbs to combat rosacea
- Chamomile: Chamomile helps reduce inflammation and redness of the face. Make a tea with a teaspoon of chamomile in one cup of water. Boil 3 minutes, turn and set aside. Strain when warm, soak a thin towel on this water. Cover your face with it and let it act for about 5 minutes. If you are allergic to chamomile, try another herb.
- Green tea: excellent cell regenerator. Take about two or three cups a day, not with food but twenty minutes after eating.
- Aloe: the natural products with aloe are great for combating this disease.