Published: 11/17/2010 - Updated: 02/07/2018
A large number of diseases of all types are mainly due to accumulated tension in the body, emotions such as anxiety, pressure, fear, anger, frustration, etc., which insist and persist in the attitudes and lifestyle.
Maintaining and holding these emotions cause the body to be in constant defensive, body tenses, bones, muscles and tissues are hardened or are take certain unnatural postures, often you do not notice it because you got used to living with these defenses in the body, they can be there for years and somehow we feel good, and not even experience pain or discomfort. However, if these areas of the body don’t relax, then sooner or later, organs and systems begin to weaken, wearing out prematurely due to exhaustion suffered by excessive tension caused by these emotions.
No matter if your body feel tense or not, or if it hurts or you have a medical condition, why wait until the body hurts to address it? The best is to practice every day some exercises that will help relax your body and keep it free of unnecessary tensions. These relaxation exercises will help to dispel tension, to let contained emotions flow, to relieve stress and pressures deeply and stay healthy, preventing disease and rejuvenating your entire body, and also will help oxygenate and increase the circulation of oxygen and nutrients.
To follow a routine of complete relaxation is not only necessary to visualization, you must first remove the tension in the body through physical exercise to subsequent meditative relaxation.
So our routine of relaxation is divided into two phases: stage of physical relaxation and physical and mental relaxation.
Exercise Routine to relax the body
Morning and evening: waking up and / or at night, take 10 minutes to perform these simple exercises.
1. Walk in you tips walking for 2 minutes, up and down slowly the feet without touching the ground.
2. Standing, with your legs slightly apart, raise your arms wide stretched and try to touch the ceiling. Relax. Repeat 10 times.
3. In the same position as last one, now try to touch the ceiling with your left arm only. Then, with the right arm. You should feel stretching your back, and sides of your waist. Up and down both arms alternately, make a series of 30 times with each arm.
4. Once you finish the previous exercise and in the same position (standing with arms raised), bend your back and arms as straight as you can until the height of your waist, without bending your knees. The head goes between your arms, looking down. Now, interlace your hands and then stretch your back, up and down the spine as if you were a cat. Squeeze the abdomen when bowing the back up, and all the air out through your mouth, mouth open wide, as if exhaled vapor. Try to help stretch your back by pulling your arms out in front. Stay there a few seconds holding the air. Then when you arch your back down slowly, take a breath through your nose slowly and try to pull your arms up to release neck and shoulder tension. Repeat this exercise 10 times.
5. Now, standing with hands relaxed at your sides, bend your legs without bending your back, tighten your abdomen. Gather your hands (as if you were to pray, palm to palm), but stretch your arms forward so your finger point out. Now, try to put your hands between your legs, while bending the legs. Pull your arms and exhale all the air, feels like your back and spine loosens. Return to starting position and repeat 10 times.
6. Finally: standing. Tense your whole body like becoming a stone. You have awareness of how tense your feet, your legs, your back, arms, etc. are. Repeat this 7 times.
Visualization exercise routine to relax
Once you have relaxed your body, find a comfortable place where you can lie down or sit. If you're sitting, put your column straight. Also you have to put your feet on the ground and place your hands on your thighs. Your neck should not bend. If you're lying, you should feel comfortable and place your hands at your sides, and avoid moving during meditation.
This technique is very simple and requires only your intent and a comfortable place, not noisy. It is recommended before going to sleep. You can play any background quiet music, but it’s not necessary.
1. Close your eyes and breathe deeply and slowly, and when you exhale, imagine the stress and pressure getting out of your body.
2. Now, concentrate on your feet, imagine that there is a field of color that you like, its light shines and feels very well, gives peace, peace of mind, imagine that this sphere of light surrounding your foot is healing, it is refreshing and regenerative. Put your feet in a fine water. Once you feel the sensation of wellbeing in your feet, and feel the gentle warmth of the light, imagine the light starts to go through your legs, stand on your legs, do not hurry. Feel how the light gets to the bones and each of the cells in your legs. If you have any bone or muscle pain in this area, concentrate around the healing light and focus the feeling of being in this area a few minutes, until you can feel the muscle relax and feel healthy.
3. Once you have experienced this feeling in your legs, knees, ankles, thighs, etc., Go into your stomach and do the same, remember you must do it slowly and imagine how the light fills your bowels, sexual organs, buttocks, etc.
4. Go up for all parts of your body, feel every organ and imagines how the cells are nurtured by this light, relaxing and healing. Do not forget to stop by your bones, organs that are located in each area and even and focus the light on your teeth and tongue, neck, scalp, etc.
5. Once you're done, imagine that this light is in your circulatory system, and it will keep the rest of the day in your body.
Try this visualization exercise whenever you want, no need to wait an ideal time, you can do in the office, school, work, bus, etc.
If you're too tense, you should take passionflower, chamomile, anise or mint tea to relax a little. This exercise is excellent for children or people with nervousness or anxiety.