Red eyes are due to ocular blood vessels when they get swollen and dilated, which causes that the surface of the eye looks red with spider mites or injected by blood.
The causes of red eye include:
- Spending several hours at the computer
- Frequent and constant exposure to the sun without glasses.
- Eye infections and some cases of conjunctivitis.
- The wind and excessive cold.
- Foreign objects in the eye that tear it.
- Corneal abrasions because of sand or dust in the eyes or the overuse of contact lenses.
- Bleeding problems (for example, excess use of blood thinning drugs)
- The physical effort or a cough is a common cause of red eye.. This is called a sub-conjunctival hemorrhage. Although this eye color may alarm, it is fairly common and you shouldn’t worry, if you notice a spot of blood in your eye and no pain or discomfort, do not worry, it will disappear only in a couple of days and will get better soon with a good rest and good diet.
- If eye pain or redness is accompanied by poor vision, consult an ophthalmologist.
On the other hand, the dull or tired eyes are the result of:
- Too much stress and pressure
- Abuse of the monitor
- Renal or hepatic impairment
- Lack of clean water consumption
- A careless diet and habits of life as poor sleep
- A poor bowel function
Some home remedies for tired and red eyes are:
- One of the best remedies for red eyes is to rest very well, at least 8 hours.
- Apply sliced potatoes and bags of warm chamomile tea over your eyes.
- Put cold gel glasses before falling asleep.
- Do not abuse the sleepless nights, monitor or sun exposure.
- Follow a proper diet and eat foods mentioned below to clean your eyes and make them bright.
Some foods and recommended products to clean and rejuvenate the eyes:
CITRUS: rich in vitamin C and a high percentage of antioxidants, excellent for tissue repair. In addition, all citrus will help you debug your intestines, and if your intestines are clean, eyes reflect that immediately. A good remedy for tired eyes is green tea on an empty stomach with a squeezed lemon juice.
CHLOROPHYLL: full of nutrients and above all very powerful to cleanse the body of toxins and harmful substances. Chlorophyll helps to strengthen defenses and prevent eye infections.
CARROT: it’s important in the list of foods for the eyes due to its high content of vitamin A. Take it raw, in juice or salad, it is restorative of ocular tissues and is a true elixir not only nutritious but also clean eyes for good vision.
GARLIC: excellent for all vein and blood vessels problems. Strengthens the tiny blood vessels of the eye and keeps them healthy. Take a clove of raw garlic with a glass of warm water while fasting or at night. Garlic also is a potent natural antibiotic and cures allergies or infections of the eye, and helps to shrink the swollen veins.
SPIRULINA: full of minerals, vitamins and plant proteins, excellent for repair of damaged tissue and worn, ideal food for the eyes as it has lots of beta carotene (precursor of vitamin A). If you take Spirulina, you should try to drink enough water, two liters a day minimum.
RADISH: it has a high percentage of minerals and is rich in silicon. The combination of carrot and radish is great for restoring the tone of the mucous membranes of the body and a deep clean.
ALFALFA: exceptional food, rich in minerals and vitamins, high in chlorophyll. Helps fight infection primarily to regenerate damaged tissue.
NETTLE AND DANDELION: These herbs help cleanse the bloodstream and relax the veins avoiding stress and wear. Help the liver work properly which is certainly reflected in your eyes.
Foods to avoid to keep the eyes clean and bright:
Excess sugars and refined flours: Avoid them whenever possible, better replace them with wholemeal or brown sugar.
Saturated fats and irritants: try to avoid red meat, cow's milk, fried foods and junk foods, which only damage vital organs and tissues, as well as deteriorate them prematurely.
Juice to keep your Eyes healthy
- A glass of freshly squeezed carrot juice
- A handful of well disinfected alfalfa
- A teaspoon of chlorophyll
Blend all ingredients and drinks without strain.
Juice for young eyes
- Half a glass of aloe juice
- Juice of one lemon
- Half a cup of warm water
Mix everything together and drink fasting for 2 months.
Juice to fight red eyes
- One cup of raw spinach, well washed
- A sprig of parsley
- A slice of pineapple
- One tablespoon of liquid chlorophyll
- Some rice syrup or brown sugar
Blend all in a cup with half cup of pure water and drink without straining every evening or morning for 3 months.
Juice for nurturing the Eyes
- Half a cup of chicory
- A glass of carrot juice
- A pinch of Spirulina
Blend and drink without straining in the lunch for 3 months.
The infusion of Euphrasia is excellent to combat eye infections such as conjunctivitis, and inflammation and some allergies that cause the eye to become red.
The best of Facial Care
Products related with Red or opaque eyes: Food, juices and tips for cleaning them
Related categories of the Shop
You have not found what you were looking for?