Published: 05/09/2011 - Updated: 05/25/2019
Author: Nayeli Reyes2 Comments
The small seeds of amaranth are a super food full of protein, replace and outperform the meat properties because they are rich in amino acids and vitamins, without the bad cholesterol or difficulty to digest.
You can make several and healthy foods like stews, pasta, and sweets. They are ready to prepare with any kind of food of your choice.
- A package of pasta
- 1 cup of tomato sauce of choice
- 100 grams of toasted amaranth seeds
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame seeds
- Cook pasta and season with tomato.
- While serving pasta, sprinkle the tiny seeds of amaranth and sesame on top.
Zucchini with cheese and amaranth
- 20 rectangular pieces of Zucchini (medium size)
- Low-fat shredded cheese
- 100 grams of chia seeds
- 100 grams of amaranth seeds
- 3 eggs
- 200 grams of bread crumbs
- Salt, pepper and herbs to taste
- Wide toothpicks
- Turn the oven.
- In a pan, roast the seeds, add 50 grams of oats. Reserve.
- With a sharp knife make a hole in each zucchini and reserve.
- Aside in a bowl, mix eggs and seasonings.
- Pass each stick in this mixture and add shredded low-fat cheese.
- Then, pass those sticks in the mixture of toasted seeds.
- Grease the baking dish with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over the baking dish.
- Place each pumpkin stick with the cheese side up.
- Sprinkle the remaining bread crumbs. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Place toothpicks and arrange on a plate.
- 2 1/2 cups of amaranth flour
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/4 kilo of vegetable butter
- 1 cup of amaranth seeds and brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- Beat butter until you get a cream; add sugar, eggs and vanilla while in another bowl stir the flours and baking soda.
- Combine the two mixtures until smooth.
- Finally, spread over a flat surface with a roller and cut the cookies to place in a greased pan.
- Bake at 180 ° C for ten minutes.
Tomato rolls with Amaranth seeds
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALObesity: when the size is more important than the weight
- 18 corn pancakes or tortillas
- ½ kg. of pork or chicken breast
- ½ onion
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 cup of unsweetened natural yogurt
- 1 cup of hot rice milk
- 1 cup of amaranth seed
- Cream cheese, oil and sea salt
- In a hot griddle, roast tomatoes and garlic.
- Blend the tomatoes with the garlic and onion with salt to taste.
- In a hot skillet with a little oil, fry some tortillas (pancakes) one by one and add a little tomato sauce. Add cheese in medium and small seeds of amaranth. Roll the tortilla and cook until tomato drying.
- When you have three rolls ready, put them on a platter, bathe with a little sauce and with a little natural yogurt with no sugar. Sprinkle amaranth in top.
Brown rice with Amaranth
- 200 grams of boiled brown rice
- 100 grams of toasted amaranth seeds
- 3 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 1 raw red pepper cut into medium slices
- Some green vegetables such as asparagus, green beans or zucchini.
- Mix 200 grams of rice with 100 grams of toasted amaranth seeds, 3 chopped eggs, raw red bell pepper cut into medium slices and green vegetables.
- If you want it to be super digestive, place raw zucchini seasoned with salt and olive oil. Choose tender zucchini and cut into small cubes. They taste great and feel great for the dinner. You can also sprinkle the dish with a little onion, cilantro or parsley.
About the author
Actually, I really like the taste of amaranth but it?s hard to find recipes that include it, but this article makes me think that this amazing seeds can be added to any type of food to have benefit of their many properties, vitamins and minerals, so I hope to include them very often in my lunch and dinner.
Oh my gosh, I think I’m in love with that zucchini and cheese recipe. I just tried it this evening and I had to come back to rave about it because it was absolutely wonderful! I just got 6 zucchini in this organic produce trade that I participate in, and this was the best recipe idea I had heard of in a long time. Thanks!