Molasses is obtained by fermentation of grain either rice, barley, wheat, and so forth. Molasses is a sweetener, has the appearance of dark syrup that is an ingredient which, although sweet, has some bitterness, but when combined with brown sugar and other spices like ginger, you get a really really delicious syrup.
In this case, we share recipes with molasses with barley. Barley is one of the most cultivated cereals, is highly nutritious and provide proteins, carbohydrates, fiber, folic acid , iron, phosphorus and calcium. Also a good source of vitamins A, C and E.
Yield: 25 Cookies
- ¼ cup of butter
- ¼ cup of vegetable shortening
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of molasses
- ½ cup of shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp. of grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp. of cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. of clove spice powder
- ½ tsp. of baking soda
- 1 ½ cup of whole wheat flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two baking trays.
- Beat with electric mixer the butter, shortening and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add then the molasses, spices and baking soda.
- Then, add the flour gradually.
- Catch Spoon the mixture and place on greased cookie shaped.
- Leave a gap of 1 cm between a cookie and biscuit.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remember to put the oven rack on the second level to prevent cookies remain very golden.
- When you take the biscuits, toast.
- Place on tray and let cool until crisp.
- Remember that the smaller the cookie, less baking time.
Servings: 25 toasts
- 100 gr. of butter at room temperature, better vegetable
- 60 gr. of butter
- 220 gr. of brown sugar
- 120 ml of molasses
- 1 large egg
- 290 gr. of wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking
- 1 teaspoon of cream of tartar (optional )
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon of ginger
- ½ teaspoon of ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon of ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper ( cayenne pepper ) powder [ a pinch ]
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- grain sugar to coat
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALBenefits of Raw Diet
- Preheat oven to 190 ° C (if not going to let the dough).
- Sift the flour and add all the spices : baking soda, cream of tartar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Reserve this mixture.
- In a deep saucepan, beat the butter with the butter and brown sugar until pale.
- Add the egg and molasses and continue beating until slightly smooth.
- Then add flour mixture.
- Let the dough rest in the refrigerator, so we can form the cookies tend to be more easily and better.
- Pour granulated sugar on a plate.
- Make balls with the dough and coat in sugar.
- Put them on a tray with baking paper or silicone, separated sufficiently.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes until starting to brown.
Makes: 4 servings
- 200 gr. of Brown sugar
- Zest of 2 large oranges
- 125 gr. of plain flour
- ¾ teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 60 gr. Of thick fresh cream
- 1 large egg
- Half a cup of molasses
- 110 gr. of butter
- 2 oranges juice
- 15 gr. of pure cocoa powder
- 8 gr. of vanilla sugar (optional )
- A splash of orange liqueur (optional )
- Preheat oven to 175 ° C.
- Grate the orange and mix with the zest and sugar, do it with your hands , until it is well flavored.
- Mix the flour with the sugar and zest, baking soda, salt and vanilla sugar if used.
- Add the cream and egg.
- Mix a little and add the orange juice ( reserve a little) and molasses.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over very low heat, add cocoa and a splash of orange juice.
- Heat over low heat until it has dissolved.
- Cool slightly and then pour over the flour mixture, beating until it is smooth and forms a smooth paste.
- Cover 20×20 mold with baking paper, so that exceed a few centimeters at the edges.
- This cake grows quite, so you need to prevent spillage.
- Grease and flour the pan, and pour the batter.
- Bake for about 20-30 minutes, until cooked but slightly wet, we can know whether to pierce with a skewer the dough does not stick to the skewer.
- Once out of the oven, put in a cold water bath to not continue simmering.
- Allow to warm while preparing the coverage.
Syrup to soak the cake:
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALRecipes for Bread
- 110 ml. of water
- 80 gr. of powdered sugar
- splash of orange liqueur or 4 tablespoons of molasses
- Put water in a bowl with sugar and liquor or molasses.
- Boil until it has dissolved and formed a syrup.
- Soak the cake with this liquor puncturing with syringe coverage, especially on the sides where it tends to cook more.
- In this way the cake is moist.
Pita bread with syrup
Serves: 4 people
- 4 pita breads the size of a pancake ( or proportional )
- Two eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- Pinch of cinnamon
- A teaspoon of vanilla
- The juice of two oranges
- Brown Sugar
- Olive oil
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix sugar with cinnamon
- Heat a pan with oil.
- Soak well pita bread in the egg mixture. It must be done quickly because otherwise the bread is broken by moisture.
- Put the bread in the oil and sprinkle top with cinnamon sugar
- Wait until browned on that side and flip the bread.
- Sprinkle the other side with cinnamon sugar. (Avoid browning much)
- When browned, remove and reserve.
- In a separate pan, mix the orange juice with molasses and a little oil.
- Pour a little of this syrup (or to taste) on top of the bread.
- Serve hot.
About the author