More and more people prefer cereals and whole grains which, not long ago were regarded as food for people of low social status, although it was unknown who consumed refined grains was consuming a product very poor (or lacking in full) of nutritional values. Now, this situation gives a shift of 90 degrees and refined grains are well below the whole grains, which take one of the best positions in the XXI century food pyramid as one of the major sources of vitamins, minerals and fiber of the highest quality.
In stores, you can notice how many brands and products offer products with whole grain or made with whole grains, due to high demand that they begin to haves. Who leaves the convenience store with a "white bread" or a product made from grain or refined flour is not yet aware of the excellent benefits of cereals and whole grains.
Or, you can consult the book Health Food of XXI Century, by Laura Kohan
Below, we give you delicious recipes to help you make the great variety of grains there, and both your health and your beauty will benefit all of its advantages.
Brown rice bread
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour
- 3 cups of cooked brown rice
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- pinch of salt
- Rub your hands with flour and rice, so that it flakes.
- Add the oil, as well as the corresponding salt and 1 / 2 cup of water, all working to form the dough, which should be given rather homogeneous and compact. Take a mold that fits in the oven and smear with some oil. Put dough in it and allowed to rest for 1 hour at least.
- Cook the bread in a moderate oven for 45 minutes, wait golden brown and will be ready.
- 120 gr. of dry whole wheat pasta
- 2 cups of chopped tomatoes, seeds removed (can be cherry tomatoes)
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of fresh basil
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALRecover Your Figure After Childbirth
- Cook the pasta according to manufacturer's instructions.
- While in a saucepan, heat the olive oil, add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook until the tomatoes begin to release their juice. Add basil.
- Add pasta cooked al dente and mix well. Distribute the pasta on plates and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Rye bread (Dutch style)
- 3 cups of rye flour
- 1 cup of cracked wheat
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 50 gr. of wheat bran
- 1 tablespoon of wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Sea salt
- Mix all ingredients until you get an elastic dough, which is allowed to settle for at least 6 hours in order to increase the size of it.
- After this time, form the dough as desired (individual loaves can be made, or a family bread). Finally, take a source (in the case of individual loaves) or a mold (in the second case) and smear with abundant oil. Brown bread, at moderate oven, for 45 minutes.
Whole oat burgers
- 150 gr. of oat bran flakes
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- soy sauce
- one teaspoon of cinnamon
- pinch of ginger powder
- sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil
MORE IN BIOMANANTIAL5 Recipes for Homemade and Inexpensive Face Masks
- Mince the onion and cook a few drops of oil, spices and a pinch of salt until translucent. Place oats in a bowl with the carrot, seeds, one tablespoon of soy sauce. Add the onion when it is done and let stand a few minutes.
- Place baking paper on a tray, form patties with your hands and cook them about 15 minutes at 160 º C or until they are soggy.
- 1 cup of whole-grain wheat
- ½ cup of fresh, peeled and boiled beans
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 egg
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- 1 cup of bread crumbs integral
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- 100 g of fresh mushrooms
- 1 leek
- ½ cup of blanched green beans
- Hydrate grains of wheat in a liter of cold water for at least 4 hours. Then simmer (uncovered) until it is tender. Let cool, strain and process with the egg, beans, peeled garlic, salt and black pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the rolled oats and baking powder. It should be a stiff dough. Form Milanese’s and pass through breadcrumbs and cook in the oven to warm.
- Combine the fennel, cut into thin slices with cherry tomatoes, sliced leeks, the green beans and sliced mushrooms. Season with a vinaigrette and balsamic vinegar and serve with Milanese.
- 2 cups of corn
- 4 red tomatoes
- ½ cup of parsley, minced
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 raw eggs
- Lard or butter
- Add the corn, finely chopped tomatoes, peppers, parsley and garlic.
- Place in skillet, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Then grind or crush whole until a soft dough and consistent..
- Add two raw eggs cold to the mix, stir a bit until a stiff dough. Form the meatballs.
- Prepare a sauce either green or red. Cook the meatballs and then allow to boil until well cooked.
About the author