Turmeric, also known as salt from the east, was used in ancient times as a perfume and as a spice. It is native to India, China and the Middle East and has been cultivated for over 2,000 years. This spice has medicinal properties, it is an antioxidant and many meals are seasoned with it, the flavor is sweet, with a touch between bitter and spicy like ginger. If using turmeric seek to use in moderation as it may become bitter if you exceed in your food.
Soy Fillets in Satay Sauce
- 600 gr. of soy fillets (ham can be used or vegetarian meat fillets).
- 1 onion.
- 3 tablespoons of spice mixture (fresh grated ginger, chopped pepper, ground cumin, ground coriander seeds, sugar).
- 10 teaspoons of coconut milk.
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Cilantro, finely chopped and washed.
For the sauce:
- 150 gr. of roasted and salted peanuts
- 5 tbsp of coconut milk
- 1 orange
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- Arrange the fillets on a baking sheet.
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Mix spices with coconut milk and soy sauce and put everything in a bowl.
- Mix the meat with marinate and cover.
- Marinate 30 minutes at room temperature.
Preparing the sauce:
- Grind peanuts.
- Mix them with the coconut milk, orange juice, the juice of limes, soy sauce and turmeric.
- Grind again.
- Perfume with cilantro.
- Grill vegetarian meat for 20 minutes.
- Then place on a plate and dip the fillets with Satay sauce.
Chicken or soy skewers
- 1/2 kg of chicken breast chopped regular or vegetarian meat equivalent.
- 2 cloves
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric
- White wine (a splash)
- 1 lemon
- Pepper to taste
- oregano, a pinch
- bay leaves, 2 or 3 leaves
- Put the chopped meat in a container that can close tightly.
- Add the lemon juice, a splash of white wine, salt, spices and a little oil to mix. The amount of spices varies from strong the meat we like.
- We let the meat marinate in the refrigerator for about 12 hours at least. Then put a 4/5 pieces of meat on each skewer (can be used for wood or steel) and grill over high heat.
Creamy rice with turmeric
Serves: 4 people
- 250 grams of ricebomb
- 225 g of spinach
- 1 onion
- 200 milliliters of wine
- 100 ml of evaporated milk
- 80 grams of parmesan cheese
- 200 ml of water
- 8 squids
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 16 grams of squid ink
- 1 slice of ham vegetarian
- 1 teaspoon of flour
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- Black pepper
- Olive oil and salt.
- Peel and chop the onion and vegetarian ham.
- Put a pan to heat with a little oil and sauté onion and ham.
- When it starts to brown add the flour and toast, then incorporate squid ink and continue cooking a few more minutes.
- Then remove from heat and mash the compound getting a puree, reservation.
- Clean the squid, peel the garlic cloves and cut. Put another pan with good splash of olive oil and brown the squid, water with about 50 milliliters of wine and when all the juice has evaporated, incorporate pepper, move to give taste and remove from heat. Hot standby.
- Now in a saucepan fry the remaining onion, then incorporate spinach and rice after a few minutes, stirring constantly fry for a couple of minutes. Then add the wine and continue stirring until it has been absorbed.
- Reduce heat and include hot water and evaporated milk, add salt and pepper to taste, also add turmeric rice and cook stirring frequently with a wooden spoon.
- When the rice is tender sprinkle Parmesan cheese, mix well and serve on plates. Serve with the squid and make a quenelle with ham and mashed squid ink.
- Invite your partner to dinner with this dish you can ask whatever.
- 200 g of leeks
- 1 small cauliflower
- 2 small onions
- 1 russet or golden
- 2 potatoes
- 200 g of tomatoes
- 200 g of canned tomatoes
- 1 heaping tablespoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
- knob of butter
- 1 bit of olive oil
- 1 heaped teaspoon of curry
- 1 pinch of coriander seeds
- 3 tablespoons of mango chutney (sauce)
- salt and pepper
- 1 large can soy beans in tomato sauce
- Peel and chop the leeks white part only. Wash and cut cauliflower into small outbreaks. Also, peel and slice the onions, peel, remove core and cut apples into cubes, as well potatoes and tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour and turmeric, and vegetables.
- Melt the butter along with olive oil and fry the vegetables lightly.
- Add a glass of water or broth, curry, coriander and chutney.
- Simmer about 20 minutes and add soy about 5 minutes, until everything is returned to hot. Add salt and pepper.
- Serve with boiled rice and a salad.
- ½ kg. of cherry
- 200 ml. of red wine vinegar flavored with shallots
- 200 gr. Of brown sugar (or 100 gr. of fructose)
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 large piece of ginger grated
- 10 cardamom seeds
- Piri-piri and salt
- In a saucepan put to heat the vinegar with the sugar until it dissolves. At this point add the finely chopped onion and pitted and chopped cherries. We also incorporate turmeric, ginger peeled and grated conveniently, cardamom seeds (wil open giving a blow with the flat of the knife), a dash of piri-piri (cayenne / allspice ground of Portuguese origin) for a touch of pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Patiently let it cook over medium-low for 30-40 minutes, until it has a texture similar to jam.
The best of Recipes & Cooking
You have not found what you were looking for?