Published: 09/29/2009 - Updated: 01/26/2014
The combination of these two foods is highly nutritious. The algae, rich in minerals, antioxidants and vitamins, give a special flavor to tofu, which contains lots of calcium and phytonutrients, is highly digestible and low in calories. All the people who like healthy food can consume the following recipes and are especially recommended for vegetarians, athletes and pregnant women.
Smoked tofu with algae and pickles
- Package of smoked tofu (cut into thick strips)
- 3 carrots (cut into thick strips)
- A handful of green beans
- Natural Pickles or cucumber (cut into thin strips)
- 1 leaf of nori seaweed
- Extra virgin olive oil and sea salt
- Natural teaspoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of white miso
- 1 tablespoon of apple juice concentrated
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Boil carrots and green beans with water and a pinch of salt, for 5-6 minutes. Wash them with cold water and drain well.
- Lightly toast the nori. Cut with scissors into strips of 2-3 cm wide.
- Grill smoked tofu with a little oil
- Alternate strips of smoked tofu and vegetables with cucumber pickles and form a bundle, carefully wrapping a strip of nori around it. If necessary, seal with a drop of water. Repeat with remaining vegetables, tofu and nori seaweed.
- 1 teaspoon of miso
- 20g. of wakame seaweed
- 250g. of tofu
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame seeds
- 3 / 4 pint of vegetable stock
- Sesame oil
- Several chives (optional)
- Tamari (optional)
- Put to soak wakame seaweed, for at least 15 minutes and then drain and cut into small pieces.
- Sauté in a pan with a little sesame oil, stirring constantly using a wooden spoon for several minutes.
- Later add vegetable broth and when starts to boil, add the tofu cut into small cubes.
- Reduces the heat and simmer for 5 more minutes on low heat.
- In addition, place the Hatcho miso (miso is the best quality and pure) in a small bowl, adding a bit of hot vegetable broth, stirring continuously until completely dissolved.
- Add to the pot, mix all ingredients.
- At the time of serving, this soup is sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds, but also can be decorated with various cut onions lengthwise.
- And those who wish the dish was a little more salt can be rectified by adding a bit of tamari.
- Otherwise, i.e. if the soup has become too salty, add some thick pieces of potato or turnip, letting it cook for a few minutes to absorb the excess salt.
Tofu and algae burgers
- ¼ kg of tofu
- 1 cup of diced nori
- ½ cup of finely chopped onion
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of rice (preferably whole wheat)
- Soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of rice flour
- Salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan, slowly incorporating and integrating a uniform dough. If you feel it too watery, add a little more rice flour.
- Add salt, soy and salt to taste.
- Shape dough burger.
- You can roast in pan or baking,
- Serve with bread and accompanied by salad.
Tofu and algae pate
- Carrots, celery and zucchini (cut into thick strips)
- 1 / 2 cup of wakame seaweed
- 2 tablespoons of apple juice concentrate
- Rice vinegar
- Oregano to taste
- 1 block of fresh tofu
- 1 teaspoon of miso mugi
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Place seaweed in saucepan and cover with cold water leave to soak for 20 minutes. Throwing water and again cover half the volume of the alga with water. Add a few drops of concentrated apple and rice vinegar. Cook with lid on medium-low heat 20-30 minutes or until tender and all water has evaporated.
- Boil the tofu for 5 minutes and puree cooked immediately with the weed, oregano and remaining ingredients until you get a uniform texture.
- Boil the strips of al dente: carrots and celery together, for 3 minutes and the zucchini just 1 minute.
- Wash them with cold water, drain and serve with pate.
- 250g of crumbled tofu
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of oatmeal
- 2 zucchini, finely chopped and a cup of nori seaweed into small pieces
- A splash of soy milk
- Soy sauce
- In a saucepan, empty the crumbled tofu, oatmeal, an egg and finely chopped zucchini.
- Stir well and make croquettes with this dough.
- In a separate saucepan, whisk the remaining two eggs with dash of milk.
- Dip each croquette into the egg.
- Bread each croquette.
- Fry in oil.
- You can serve hot or cold. Accompany with a salad of lettuce and tomatoes.