Published: 08/10/2008 - Updated: 05/15/2019
Author: Nayeli Reyes2 Comments
Soybeans, besides being a highly nutritious food, are a very versatile food in the kitchen, with them you can make all kinds dishes, desserts, yoghurts , burgers , pies , soups , etc. .
Soy is recommended to prevent heart problems, is highly rich in phytoestrogens that regulates the flow of female hormones and is an excellent source of protein which makes it an ideal complement in vegetarian diets.
Cream for dessert
- 1 liter ofsoy milk
- 4 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons of brown sugar or brown sugar
- vanilla essence
- In a saucepan, place the starch with 100 or 200 cc of cold soy milk to dissolve it, taking care of avoiding lumps.
- Add the sugar and remaining milk, stirring to mix well.
- Bring the fire , stirring occasionally and taking care not sticking, until thickened .
Vegetable gratin with soy cream
Ingredients and procedure
Prepare cream dessert recipe (above) without sugar, and season with salt , pepper and grated cheese to taste.
In greased baking dish place
- blanched broccoli florets
- boiled green beans
- chard boiled and drained
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALSyrup sap
- Mix some cream with selected vegetables and then add the rest of the cream to form a thin film on the surface.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and a few pieces of butter.
- Au gratin baking and out complete with garlic and parsley or some species as oregano or basil ( fresh or dried )
Creamy dough Tofu
This dough is neutral flavor, serves sweet and savory
- 250 grams of tofu
- 250 gr of margarine or butter
- 350 g of flour
- Place the flour with the butter on the counter or in a suitable bowl and mix with hands until a sort of "sand " .
- At this point add the tofu and finish assembling the dough.
- If reels lot, add a little cold water (teaspoons ).
- With helping hands and a nylon , leave the dough flat and carry well refrigerator 3 to 4 hours .
- If not all be used , is divided into 2 or 3 portions and wrapped individually.
- It lasts 4 or 5 days in the refrigerator and freezer up to 1 month .
- For baking brush with egg white.
Soy Empananas (previous dough)
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALPhytomedicine: Past and Present
- Roll out dough and cut ½ mm squares 6 or 7 inches.
- Choose a steamed vegetables like eggplant , spinach , etc. .
- Mix with a little cheese gratin
- Fill and form empanadas.
Click on various parts and cook in the microwave or conventional oven preheated (20 minutes on high in the microwave) . Turn in half the time.
NOTES: You can also add tofu cream or chopped (optional )
Place 1 teaspoon of filling in the center of the small square and close by joining 4 points finger tight . In roasting pan with margarine brushstroke, cooking baked until golden.
Empanadas with sweet filling
- Sweet fruits prepared with a little brown sugar, jam style . The fig is delicious .
- The same dough but squares of 5 cm by 5 cm .
- Cut bars of 5 cm long and 5 cm wide and place one inside each small square diagonally.
- Close joining the two points that are free .
- Roast in pan with margarine brushstroke , cooking baked until golden.
About the author
Empanadas are pretty delicious and you can prepare them with almost all ingredients, salty of sweet and using soy to combine with this food is pretty clever, with this you can make awesome and very nutritive dishes for the whole family, including children who love the sweet recipes
Oh my gosh!!! I have been looking for a vegetarian empanada recipe for SO long! I’m so excited to have read this article, I can’t wait to try it out! I’ll definitely have to give the dessert cream recipe a shot too. I’m making a lot of food for Thanksgiving tomorrow, so I won’t get to the empanadas for a while, but I’ll let you know how they go!