The seeds, along with whole grains, legumes and vegetables, are one of the foods that top the list of healthy foods for the XXI century. Among the most important and nutritious seeds are pumpkin seeds which are rich in carbohydrates and amino acids, fats and oils beneficial for health, essential for the proper functioning of the heart and nervous system, besides being rich in vitamins B, C, D, E, and K, high in minerals such as calcium, potassium, phosphorus, zinc, iron and niacin.
Here we share some delicious and nutritious recipes so you can consume them in a healthy way.
Pumpkin seeds Pipian (sauce)
- 250 grams of pumpkin seeds
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped and sautéed
- 1 kilo of vegetable meat
- Collect the pumpkin seeds and dry in the sun. Grind well with a little water.
- Remove the rind and drain. Once crushed, empty into a bowl or in a pot. Boil water and allow to thicken. Add salt, onion chopped onions and garlic.
Pumpkin seed soup
- 2 cups of raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 liter of water
- 1 garlic
- fresh oregano
- 1 medium onion
- 1 roasted pepper
- 2 roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Blend sunflower seeds with enough water so that they are finely ground, straining, add water to make one liter of the fire to cook them, when they begin to boil, count 10 minutes.
- In skillet, put olive oil, fry the minced garlic, add onions, peppers and liquefied tomatoes, boil for five minutes, put the seed preparation, boil a few more minutes, season to taste. Serve hot.
Green mole with pumpkin seeds
- 50 g of roasted pumpkin seedds
- Roasted Peanut 50g
- 50 g of toasted almonds
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 / 2 Onion
- 3 fresh jalapenos or green chilies (optional).
- 1 deveined raw green pepper
- 3 sprigs of cilantro
- 3 sprigs of epazote
- 3 sprigs of parsley
- 3 lettuce leaves
- 3 Tails of radishes
- 3 branches of spinach
- 3 branches of chard
- 4 whole peppers
- 4 cloves
- 6 Green Tomatoes
- Pinch of cumin
- Pinch of salt
- Grind all the ingredients raw, first species that are the hardest and go putting green chile and everything except the seeds, peanuts, and almonds.
- Lightly fry pumpkin seed, peanuts, almonds, garlic, onion and grind.
- Fry the mixture in some oil. Gradually incorporate the broth. Simmer, stirring constantly.
- If it is a bit thick, you can add more vegetable or meat broth.
Pumpkin seeds sweet
- 1 / 2 cup of water
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 2 cups of peanuts (groundnuts), roasted
- 4 ounces of pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons of butter, softened
- 1 square of semisweet chocolate
- Cover the surface of a cutting board with parchment paper or wax paper, drizzle lightly with cooking spray. Reserve. Heat water and sugar in a large heavy saucepan, over high heat, for 8-10 minutes or until sugar acquire a dark yellow color, stirring frequently. Move the pan in circles and remove sugar crystals off the sides with a wet pastry brush, just until the sugar begins to boil.
- Remove pan from heat, quickly incorporate peanuts, pumpkin seeds, butter and stir. Immediately pour mixture onto parchment paper, spread it evenly with a wooden spoon. Cut into 24 pieces while hot. Let cool completely.
- Sprinkle with a thin layer of chocolate.
Pumpkin seeds salad
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 tomato
- ¼ onion
- 1 handful of toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 handful of toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of soy or alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup of steamed broccoli, cooked previously
For the orange vinaigrette:
- The juice of 2 oranges
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- A handful of nuts
- A splash of olive oil
- A few drops of balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt
- Cut the tomatoes, lettuce and onion to taste, add the seeds and broccoli. Reserve.
- Put in the blender all the sauce ingredients and whisk until sauce is something similar to veganaise. Serve the salad with the sauce.