Published: 11/28/2011 - Updated: 05/25/2019
Molasses is obtained by fermentation of grains, in this case, rice. Fermentation of food improves its digestibility and nutritional value, as among other things, it helps transform food as complex sugars, proteins and fats into simple sugars, amino acids and free fatty acids, respectively.
The rice molasses provides more vitamins and fiber than any simple carbohydrate, and therefore it helps the functioning of the digestive system and reduces the risk of developing intestinal disorders; produces antibodies and is a good source of energy. Besides, it contains a minimal amount of fat, and provides small percentages of iron, folic acid, thiamin, niacin, vitamin E, calcium, potassium, phosphorus.
Suggestions for the use
The rice molasses is a sweetener, so I suggest you consume with fresh fruit for better use. It is suggested you consume any kind of molasses preferably in the morning to sweeten cereals, juices, shakes, teas or other drinks. It is ideal for use on toast, hot cakes, biscuits, yogurt or bread.
Consumption of refined sugar (either in breads, candies, cereals, canned tomatoes, etc.) creates imbalance of minerals in the body, which creates hot blood (and therefore it is prone to infectious germs incubation) causing allergies, obstruction, malnutrition, disorders in calcium metabolism, and weakening the pancreas. It generates emotional dysfunction and may also blacken the teeth, among many other things that go against your health.
In this article I will share rich and healthy recipes:
Sweet rice strips
- 2 rice cakes (or amaranth)
- 1 tbsp of grated coconut
- 4 tablespoons of molasses, rice or barley
- 4 tablespoons of sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp of pumpkin seeds
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- A pinch of cinnamon
Note: The amounts of ingredients are approximate. You can add or reduce according to your taste. You can also substitute ingredients for oats, bran, peanuts, sesame, etc.
- Wash sunflower, pumpkin and sesame seeds.
- Toast seeds separately in a pan.
- Crumble rice or amaranth cookies and add the grated coconut.
- Put the molasses in a saucepan to heat (without water).
- Move with a wooden spatula preferably. When you see that it is liquid, add all other ingredients.
- Put on low heat and mix well until you get a compact mass.
- Pour the dough into a mold previously varnished with a little olive oil.
- Flatten the dough with a wooden spatula or wet hands.
- Let cool and harden at room temperature.
- To make it crispier, put it in the oven a few minutes before serving.
- Cut into thin strips, let it cool and it’s ready. You can serve with a soy beverage to complement them; it’s an excellent food for breakfast for children in the morning.
Rice with molasses and saffron
(5 or 6 servings)
- 1 kg of rice
- Rice molasses (to taste)
- Grated lemon peel
- Saffron (a pinch)
- ¾ cup of milk (preferably soy)
- Cook rice in boiling water, until well cooked. Leave it draining.
- In a saucepan, add molasses to a boil until it gets a caramel color.
- Pour this into rice.
- Pour lemon peel, cinnamon and saffron. Stir well.
- Add the soy milk and boil for a few minutes.
- If you see that it is very thick, add a little milk or water, depending on your taste.
- Let cool and serve in molds. You can decorate with a little coconut lined with nuts or raisins.
Green energy juice
- A piece of pineapple
- 3 nuts
- Two tablespoons of oats
- A piece of celery and a few sprigs of parsley (washed well and disinfected)
- Juice of two lemons
- A trickle of chlorophyll (optional)
- Molasses (barley or rice)
- Mix all ingredients in blender.
- Serve preferably without straining and drinking it slowly. Chew, if necessary, this is the best way to drink the juice slowly. Try not to eat anything in the twenty minutes that follow.
Please note: to cleanse your body and prepare your stomach to digest meals, you should keep it very clean. Take any citrus fruit in the morning that helps your stomach and your blood to stay clean and cool. You can substitute pineapple for guavas, oranges, grapefruit, kiwi, strawberries or citrus fruit.