Raisins are dried grapes which are highly caloric and are therefore highly recommended in cold weather. They are rich in various nutrients such as potassium, calcium, iron, provitamin A (beta-carotene) and niacin (vitamin B3). They are rich in soluble and insoluble fiber, which helps improve intestinal transit and fight constipation, indigestion, etc.
Here are some recipes with raisins:
Carrot and raisin salad
- 500 gr. of fresh carrot
- 80 gr. of raisins
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- Wash and scrape the carrots and cut into thin slices. Then put in a bowl with the raisins.
- Add the soy sauce, oil, lemon juice and salt, stir until well blended. Garnish with parsley.
Rice with raisins
- 30grs of grated onion
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 180 grams of rice
- 200 grams of chopped palm
- 350 ml of water
- 1 can of peas
- 40 g of raisins
- Salt to taste
- Sauté onion and garlic, when the onion gets transparent add the rice, cook well and add salt, add boiling water and cook over high heat.
- When you see dry, lower the heat and stir in the raisins and let it finish cooking. When it’s ready, add the palm and peas and serve immediately.
Walnut and raisin bread
- 400 g offlour
- 200 g of warm water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 60 g of butter
- 20 g of baker's yeast
- 90 g of raisins and a handful of walnuts
- Dissolve yeast and form a volcano with flour, add all ingredients except raisins and walnuts, form a dough.
- When smooth, add nuts and it’s ready, let it ferment. The ideal thing is to leave it in a bowl covered with plastic wrap and in a warm place.
- Knead and form a bread in a mold. Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for half an hour … or until bread is golden.
Green rice with raisins
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALCheerful and enthusiastic without dependencies or drugs
- 1 cup of washed spinach leaves
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tbsp. of oil
- ½ cup of raisins
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 2 cups of rice
- 2 packets of Vegetable Seasoning in Olive Oil
- 3 cups of water
- Blend the spinach with ½ cup water and reserve.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and fry the raisins and yellow pepper for 3 minutes.
- Add rice, Vegetable Seasoning in Olive Oil, pureed spinach and water, mix well.
- Cook over medium heat until boiling. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Serve hot.
- 25 gr. of Raisins
- 100 grams of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of (or to taste) mustard
- 1 lemon
- Put raisins in warm water to soak for 1 hour.
- Grate the lemon and peel until you get a teaspoon. Put the sugar, mustard and cornstarch in a saucepan and add the vinegar, lemon juice, grated peel, 4 dl. of water and well drained raisins.
- Place the saucepan over low heat until it starts boiling. Cook a few minutes to thicken slightly. It can be served hot or cold.
About the author