The prunes are like fresh plums but are subjected to a drying process by either the sun or by using special ovens. In fact, both the fresh and dried plums have the same properties in food, although in the dry, properties increase because the drying process concentrates the nutrient components. The plum contains over 20 antioxidant compounds, is rich in fiber, potassium, phosphorus, iron, calcium, vitamin A, C, E, among other properties.
In gastronomy, it is an ideal ingredient to produce especially sauces to accompany fish, pork tenderloin and salads, but is also used to develop a myriad of desserts such as cakes, cookies, bars, etc..
Prunes and Pineapple Tart
- 1 / 2 cup of butter
- 1 / 4 cup of blonde sugar
- 1 / 2 cup of pisco
- 1 can of whole slices of pineapple
- 500 gr. of prunes
- 1 / 2 cup of butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1 / 2 cup of whole grain flour
- 2 1 / 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 / 4 cup of evaporated milk
- In a round mold, melt 1 / 2 cup of butter with the sugar blonde. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes and add the pisco. Simmer 5 minutes more.
- Retire from the fire and extend to cover the entire bottom of the pan and allow to cool. Once cool, place pineapple slices on top and in the center of the cone, add prunes pitted.
- Beat 1 / 2 cup of butter with the sugar, add yolks and is still beating. Hanging with the flour salt and baking powder and add to the preparation of butter, alternating with milk and a dash of vanilla. Finally add the snow of whites.
- Pour this dough on the fruit and take a moderate oven for 40 minutes. Lubricants for penalties turned to leave the oven, but rise only after 10 minutes. Once lubricants, bathe with pineapple syrup mixed with a dash of brandy.
Loin with prune sauce
- ¾ loin of pork (you can replace it with thick pieces of vegetarian ham)
- ¼ cup of prunes
- ¾ cup of beer
- 1 tablespoon of sillao
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 onion
- pepper to taste
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALReducing the tummy belly
- Put meat or vegetarian ham in a prepared mustard of sillao, beer and pepper. Meanwhile, soak prunes in ½ cup of water and equal quantity of vinegar, plus cloves.
- Put loin in a baking sheet, put in oven with hot prunes, but without the juice. Add an onion heading into four parts, then, little by little, put the juice. Cook in the oven at medium heat for an hour and a half.
- 1 / 4 kilo of prunes without pit
- 5 egg whites beaten to snow
- 3 / 4 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup of evaporated milk whipped
- Soak prunes in the 1 / 2 cup of hot water for a few hours.
- When preparing to place fire in the same water until as compote. Allow to cool.
- In the white peaks, add sugar and evaporated milk whipped. Incorporate prunes and mix well.
- Dissolve the unflavored gelatin in 1 / 4 cup of hot water and add to the previous mix.
- Place in a wet mold and bring to the refrigerator until it curdled.
- Lubricants and serve with Worcestershire sauce if desired.
Chicken liver pate with prune jam
Yield: 2 pie molds
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALArtichokes Recipes
- ½ k (1 lb) of chicken liver, cleaned and dried
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- ¾ cup of butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup of Oporto
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 8 -10 prunes without pit, chopped
- 2 cups of red wine
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chopped onion and herbs and cook until softened and smooth. Pour it to the processor.
- In the same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter and add remaining chicken livers previously seasoned with salt and pepper. Cook 2 to 3 minutes in the hot skillet, until browned but still pink in the center. Add to processor along with onions.
- Add Oporto to skillet and bring to boil. Scrap the bottom of the pan and add it to the processor along with the remaining butter, salt and pepper. Process to form a soft dough. Skip the pie for a fine strainer.
- Line 1 or 2 molds with plastic film and pour the pie. Refrigerate covered, for about 5 hours.
- Invert the mold of a source for pâté sandwiches and remove the plastic film.
- Serve with toast and place 1 teaspoon of prune jam.
- Place prunes, wine and sugar and bring to boil. Let it reduce until thick and forms as a compote or jam.
- You can liquefy if you want a smoother consistency.
About the author