Potatoes are one of the most nutritious foods, they belong to the family of the tubers and there are many varieties in the world. This nutritious vegetable has a bad reputation because people think it's a fattening food, but this is only because most of the time you add butter, mayonnaise, flour and/or refined oils to it or you combine it with foods that are unsuitable for digestion. However, if you learn how to eat properly, they are ideal in the diets to lose weight.
Potatoes are rich in iron, potassium, fiber, calcium, vitamin C, water and starch.
Notes to eat potato properly:
- As it’s a carbohydrate, you should not ever combine with a protein, as this combination is bad for digestion, the nutrients of the potato won’t be very well absorbed, and your stomach may swell.
- Potatoes should be combined with fresh salads.
- Do not eat old potatoes or containing outbreaks, as they have a high degree of toxicity.
- Avoid cooking it too much. Avoid combining with carrots and egg.
Potatoes with peppers
- 5 medium potatoes, cooked and fresh
- 1 cup of finely chopped peppers for color
- 2 cloves of garlic (optional)
- Extra virgin sesame oil
- Medium onion, finely chopped
- In a skillet, sauté the onion and potatoes with a little sea salt. When the potatoes have softened (do not cook much), add the peppers and sauté a bit more. Serve immediately.
Potatoes with onions and celery
- 3 medium potatoes, fresh and well washed (not peeled).
- 1 large onion, sliced.
- 1 / 4 cup of olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tsp. of dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. of salt and pepper
- 1 cup of finely chopped celery
- A bit of sliced scallion
- Sauté potatoes and onion in olive oil and season. Then add celery, scallion, dried rosemary and salt to taste if necessary. Serve without cooking too much.
- 2 large potatoes
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Wash, peel and cut potatoes into cubes of 2 cm. Place in a pot with salt to cook for about 12-14 minutes. They should not be so soft. Drain and place them with olive oil and pepper.
- Sauté cilantro and garlic in olive oil for 2-3 minutes over low heat. Place potatoes in a baking dish and put the preparation of cilantro and garlic to the potatoes, stir well and serve.
- 1 ½ kilo of potatoes
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1 ½ dl. olive oil
- Chicken or beef broth
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the potatoes, cut in big slices. Peel the garlic, chop and mix with the parsley, salt and some pepper.
- Put the mixture to the potatoes and place in a casserole, add oil and cover with broth.
- Put into the oven and cook until tender. It should be dry. Serve