Published: 04/24/2008 - Updated: 03/22/2014
Author: Nayeli Reyes2 Comments
Pollen is the male spore of flowers which insects are responsible for transferring or spreading it up to the pistil, the female part of the plant. Pollen, for man, turns out to be one of the foods that give more vitality and energy, due to the extraordinary effects that this food has on the body.
Pollen is a natural antibiotic and hemoglobin regulator in the blood. If consumed regularly, for a month, the number of red blood cells increases considerably, making it an ideal alternative to combat anemia and weakness. Pollen is an appetite regulator, its properties are purification, detoxification and antibiotic, highly recommended in cases of allergy, rheumatism, acne, anxiety, diabetes, constipation, gastrointestinal infections, etcetera. It eliminates fatigue, muscle weakness, helps regulate blood pressure, glandular system, improves the resistance of blood vessels and in general is very beneficial to the entire cardiovascular system. It has a high content of minerals and B vitamins as well as vitamin A, D, C and E.
Yield: one serving
- A slice of beet
- 2 medium carrots
- A sprig of alfalfa
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 tablespoon of bee pollen
- In the extractor, extract the juice from carrots, celery, alfalfa and sugar beet. Once ready add the spoonful of pollen and let stand about 5 minutes, so that the pollen is tender and can be better utilized.
- Take immediately. This juice is a strong energy tonic that provides a beneficial vitamins and minerals.
Yield: 2 to 3 servings
- 200 grams of strawberries (well cleaned and disinfected)
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwifruit
- Honey or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of bee pollen
- Zest of ½ orange
- Syrup of roses and two glasses of soy milk
- Mint and strawberries for garnish
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALTofu Recipes
- Put strawberries, banana, kiwi, pollen, sugar or honey to taste, soy milk and orange zest in the bowl of the mixer. Blend until foaming.
- In the cup or glass you're going to serve this smoothie, spread rose syrup and then sprinkle some brown sugar on the edge. Pour the smoothie into the glass and garnish with mint leaves, strawberries and a few grains of pollen. If you want to serve it cold, keep the ingredients in the refrigerator an hour before making the smoothie.
Mixed salad with pollen
Yield: 2 people
- 1 medium tomato
- 5 medium lettuce leaves
- 1/2 onion
- A sliced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons of bee pollen
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Finely cut tomato, lettuce and cucumber.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Mix these ingredients in a bowl with pollen, three tablespoons of olive oil and a little apple cider vinegar.
- Stir well and serve.
Super nutritious pancakes
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALHenna: Natural Dyes
- Flour for pancakes
- Two tablespoons of oatmeal
- Two tablespoons of pollen
- Two tablespoons of sesame
- Honey or maple
- The dough of pancakes is prepared following the procedure of the box.
- Once the dough ready, add the oats and pollen and mix well. If necessary, add a little more milk.
- In a pan put a tablespoon butter and empty dough.
- While cooking the pancake, sprinkle sesame seeds on the surface.
- When the pancake is cooked, serve and add honey to taste.
Quick and energetic breakfast
- A cup of yogurt
- Citrus chopped (pineapple , strawberries , kiwi , guava , etc.)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon of pollen
- Mix yogurt with fruits, nuts, honey and pollen
- Garnish with nuts and pollen.
About the author
I have been taking pollen including it in some products I consume especially liquids, for example I drink a tea of chamomile, then I add a small teaspoon of pollen to make the tea good and energetic, is this a good idea? Or maybe there is something wrong in combining these two ingredients
I’m sure that pollen is wonderful for you, and it can probably be considered to be a “superfood” of some sort…but I’m wondering, with the bees being in such a dire state of “crisis” right now, does harvesting their pollen jeaprodize them in any way?