Published: 01/25/2009 - Updated: 07/20/2017
They say that about 3.5 kilos are consumed per person per year of olives, this explains Jesus Llona Larrauri, nutrition expert, in Spain. The consumed olives may be included in all kinds of dishes like salads, sauces, snacks, stuffed, sandwiches, pizzas, etc., making Spain one of the number one fans of olives in the world. This particular food as well as having a special flavor, contains high nutritional value, especially fatty components of high quality, all essential amino acids and many minerals and vitamins A and C.
Tomato, tofu and olives pizza
Serves: 4 people
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 6 salted anchovy and a cup of crumbled tofu
- 6 Green Olive pitted
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of ground pepper
For the dough:
- 360 gr. of Wholemeal
- 5 D.C. of Baking powder (royal, leavening)
- 2 D.C. of salt
- 250 cl. of Warm water (temperature).
- Sieve together flour, baking powder (leavening) and salt. This is placed on the table or on the counter, it is a hole in the center, in which water is poured slowly and mixing with a fork. When all together, knead a little until the dough is smooth, should not stick to your hands. Stretch the dough, make a little larger than the mold where we will cook. This mold will be buttered. We place it in the mold and stretch and, with your fingers, try to make it a little higher the edge.
- Place the tomatoes on top, anchovies and tofu, olives. Finally, everything is covered with oil mixed with oregano and red pepper. Cook over very hot oven for about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately. If you do not like anchovies, can be replaced. Note: This recipe is ideal for those who are discouraged with fresh yeast, or for when you do not have time to wait for levied.
Peppers stuffed with olive
Serves: 4 people
- 3 Large red pepper
- 80 gr. of Pitted green olives
- 3 tablespoon of breadcrumbs
- 2 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp of pinion
- 10 Raw Almonds
- 2 Eggs
- 6 tablespoon of fried tomato
- Remove the peppers from the seeds without breaking. Put in a container for microwave for 12 or 14 minutes at 780W.
- FILLING: crush the garlic in a mortar, Pine nuts and almonds. Chop the olives. Peel one of the peppers, chop and mix with the paste above, chopped olives, eggs, ketchup, bread, parsley and chopped basil.
- COOKING: fill peeled peppers with this mixture and coat them with oil. Put them in a bowl, cover them and cook in their own juices for 10 minutes at 450W. Connect the turntable.
Green olive pate
- 200 grams of green olives
- Vinegar of Modena
- Virgin Olive Oil
Take the olives if they have bone. Crush in a mortar, then put a splash of vinegar, oil and salt, mash again until a spreadable paste.
Salmon and olive cake
- Mold bread
- Tuna pickled or plain
- fried tomato
- lettuce finely chopped or julienned finite
- York-ham (or shrimp, or crab sticks or tuna ....)
- Pineapple natural (or melon, or apple ...)
- smoked salmon (or trout)
- sliced tomato
- boiled egg
- Remove the edges of the bread slices. Let them roll over finite. Place a first layer of bread slices. Cover with tuna mixed with tomato sauce.
- Place another layer of bread slices and cover with a mixture of: lettuce, chopped ham (or ingredient chosen) and pineapple (or the chosen ingredient) chopped very small.
- Cover with another layer of bread slices. Extending upon them a mayonnaise and wrap with salmon or smoked trout.
- Garnish with sliced tomatoes, anchovies, boiled egg and olives.
- Place shredded lettuce around the cake. Keep in the refrigerator until serving.
- 1 can of pitted black olives
- 3 anchovies in oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1 small piece of garlic
- 1 dash of extra virgin olive oil
- Grind in a food all ingredients into a smooth sauce.
- Put in a ramequin and put in the fridge. Eat with pita bread, crackers or toast.
The best of Recipes & Cooking
You have not found what you were looking for?