The aroma and flavor of olive oil make it a very popular ingredient in cooking around the world, especially in the dishes of India, Spain, Italy, Germany, etc. If you really want to cook in a very nutritious way, you must look well to buy extra virgin olive oil (first cold extraction) because this is one of the oils with higher quality properties and highly beneficial for the body.
Artichokes with olive oil
- 1.5 kg. of artichokes
- ½ l. of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 l. of water
- 4 lemons
- sea salt (which is more nutritious than refined)
- Clean the artichokes one by one to keep the heart and add a little lemon. Place it in a pot with water, salt, juice of 2 lemons and extra virgin olive oil.
- Bring the pot to the fire until the artichokes are tender.
- Serve with white rice artichokes providing a decorative and spray a little olive oil on top.
Cream of potatoes with oysters
- 4 large potatoes
- 20 large oysters
- 2 shallots
- 4 truffles
- 2 dl. of truffle juice
- 1 dl. of extra virgin olive oil
- Extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper
- Cook the potatoes in their skins with olive oil over low heat for 50 minutes. Remove and peel potatoes.
- Chop and incorporate truffle juice and a bit of white if necessary. It should be creamy and slightly thick.
- Clean oysters, recover to skip the juice and simmer for a few minutes. Reserve. Cut two sheets and put truffles on top of each sheet chives and Shallot.
- 1 kg. of cockle
- 5 dl. Of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 leek
- Cook the cockles in a minute, just until they begin to open. Remove the shells and reserve the mollusk. Save 20 cockles for the garrison.
- Fill remaining cockles in a Thermomix, a jet of water (to cover).
- Make a puree with cockles and begin to emulsify oil at medium speed. Strain the soup. Cut the white of leek slices and fry in very finite amount of oil.
Endive salad with mustard
Serves: 4 people
- Escarole leaves (you can substitute with lettuce)
- cherry tomatoes to taste
- 1 can of tuna
- 1 / 2 red pepper
- 1 branch of celery
- 50 gr. Of olive
- 1 clove of garlic
- type of Dijon mustard
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- sea salt
- Well wash escarole leaves, drain, they shall be cut and placed in a bowl. Wash the tomatoes well, wash and carve up the peppers, and celery, and add the escarole.
- Then add the tuna, celery (finely chopped) and olives. Salt lightly.
- For the sauce: In a small bowl mix two teaspoons of mustard, chopped garlic and a very jet Extra Virgin Olive Oil until at least cover the mustard (or desired). Add a bit of basil and mix everything until a homogeneous dough.
- Dress salad.
Suggestions: Escarole is a good laxative, but is slightly bitter so you can replace it with lettuce, asparagus, green pepper, etc..
Pepper olive oil
- 3 yellow peppers
- 3 red peppers
- 3 green peppers
- 3 cloves of garlic
- olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Roast peppers in oven for 10 minutes back from time to time. Remove from oven and immediately wrap them in sheets of newspaper then put in a plastic bag and close it.
- Allow to cool for three hours. This operation allows the skin off the peppers.
- Remove the peppers from their packaging and remove the skin. Cut into strips of 2-3 cm.
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil and crushed garlic. Let stand for at least 3 hours. Serve the peppers as a starter or salad.
Olive oil rollets
- 1 liter of virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds of whole flour
- 1 glass of anise brandy
- 1 glass of orange juice
- 3 handfuls of brown sugar (the equivalent in scale capacity measure)
- Knead well. The dough has to be manageable but not hard. Stretch roller leaving a thickness of 2 cm, approx.
- Cut the pieces with one or more molds with the rim a glass or cup.
- Bake at 180 degrees until cooked. Bath with sugar when still hot.
The best of Recipes & Cooking
Products related with Recipes with Olive Oil
You have not found what you were looking for?