Nuts are one of the main allies of vegetarians as they are an ideal source for non-animal fats, which also have excellent nutrition and health. These fruits are oilseeds which are covered with a shell of variable hardness coming from certain plants.
Among the most popular nuts are almonds, peanuts, walnuts, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, hazelnuts, chestnuts, pistachios, etc. All of them are rich in fiber and minerals, especially phosphorus, calcium, magnesium and vegetable oils.
Crispy dried fruit
- 1 kg. of green apples, peeled, cored and cut into thin slices
- 100 gr. of Butter
- 4 tbsp. of sugar
- 3 tbsp. of flour
- 1/2 cup of golden raisins, seeded
- 1/2 cup of candied orange peel
- 1/2 cup of chopped dried figs
- Lemon juice
- Brush with butter a baking dish and arrange the apples sprinkled it with lemon juice.
- Mix the butter with the sugar and flour, until it looks like a coarse flour.
- Cook the apples in the oven 10 minutes. Remove them and add the flour mixture, sugar and butter on top.
- Bring back to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Let cool and fits lots of dessert in glasses wide.
Dried fruit pudding
- 350 gr. of Flour
- 3 teaspoon of leavening powder
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- 150 gr. of Butter
- 100 gr. Of White sugar
- 100 gr. of brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of grated carrots
- 1/4 cup of orange peel glazed
- 1/2 cup of diced candied figs
- 1 cup of black raisins soaked in 4 tbsp of white. Cognac
- 1/2 cup of chopped dried fruit to taste (walnuts, hazelnuts, almonds, etc..).
- Make a cream with the butter and sugar, add eggs, carrots, flour and baking powder, mixing everything with a wooden spoon.
- Add candied fruits, the dry and soaked raisins.
- Add butter and flour the mold chosen.
- Cook over moderate heat until no dough attached to prick with the stick. Serve warm.
Chicken with dried fruit sauce
- 6 skinless chicken breasts or bone
- 6 Chicken Legs
- ¼ kg. of dried apricots
- ¼ kg of pitted prunes
- 200 gr of seedless raisins, preferably white
- 3 oranges squeezed
- Brown Sugar
- Place the dried fruit in the bowl and pour enough water to cover, let soak for 3 h., If you want to speed up the process pour boiling water and soak 1,30 h.
- Now before removing the fruit soaking, turn on the oven at low temperature to preheat.
- When the fruit is ready, drain and place covering the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with half the orange juice over the chicken distribute, sprinkle with salt, sugar and the rest of the juice.
- Bake at minimum temperature 60 minutes or until the meat is cooked. Remove and serve hot.
Dried fruit cake
- 250g (half a pack) of ready-made cake base
- 4 medium eggs
- 3/4 cup of fructose
- 1 creamy coconut yogurt (sweetened without sugar)
- 1/2 cup of sunflower oil
And unmeasured quantities:
- Mix "cocktail" of fruit (coconut leads, pineapple, raisins, papaya ...)
- Cocoa with hazelnut cream homemade (recipe below)
- Whole Raw Almonds
- Brown sugar
- Grated coconut
Council before starting: the cocoa with hazelnut cream is very easy to prepare, and, although it is not as smooth and creamy as commercial is much healthier and is scrumptious. It is kept in the refrigerator. Grind hazelnuts as much as you can, then add sugar or fructose to taste and finally added in the same grinder, sunflower oil or margarine to get the right consistency.
- First mix well with wire whisk the eggs and sugar.
- We add the yogurt and oil and continue beating. Then add the flour and beat until everything is well incorporated.
- We began to add ingredients..
- Bake in chefomatic for 1 hour, or a little less if you do not like as toast.
- Decorating the cake for a special evening, with grated coconut and honey with brown sugar and chocolate cream.
Dried fruit bread
- 30 g of yeast
- warm water, as needed
- 100 g of plain flour
- 100 g of rye flour
- 100 g of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 50 g of raisins
- 50 g of chopped prunes
- 50 g of chopped walnuts
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Soak a little wholemeal bread to not be hard.
- Place on the counter white flour, rye flour, whole wheat flour, teaspoon of salt and oil.
- Add the yeast, dissolved and knead.
- Once well kneaded the dough, add raisins, chopped prunes and chopped nuts.
- Mix well. Form the bread and let rise. Bake in moderate oven about 35 minutes.