Lentils are a high-energy food with high quality protein and carbohydrates. It has a high iron content that exceeds animal meat and eggs! Furthermore, it can be prepared dishes of all kinds, from traditional lentil soup until gelatin! The lentil dishes are highly recommended for pregnant women, people with anemia, children and women in period.
Lentils cakes with nuts
- 1 cup of lentils
- 1 cup of chopped nuts
- 1 leek
- bread crumbs for breading
- 1 egg
- Cook the lentils with water 20 minutes until they are tender, drain and cool.
- Flip through the blender, mix with nuts, tiny chopped leek and salt.
- Beat the egg and mix with the above, make small balls and flatten, place patties on baking sheet and medium heat for 10 minutes. It can be mixed with a tomato sauce to accompany rice or pasta, Exquisite and crispy.
Lentils soup with vegetable and tofu
- 2 cups of lentils
- A green pepper without seeds
- A whole red tomato
- An onion
- 2 potatoes small and tender
- A head of garlic
- A stick of celery
- A carrot
- A piece of crumbled tofu
- Put lentils in the pot with cold water (one liter approx.) Add the pepper whole, whole tomato, whole onion. Then, add the roasted garlic head, tofu, green sprig of celery, potatoes, carrots and eggplant. All this last very finely chopped.
- Add a pinch of saffron, cumin, a few grains of black pepper, a cube of vegetable or chicken broth, salt to taste and a dash of olive oil.
- Cook in pressure cooker 20 minutes after which the valve begins to spin. Uncover and remove pepper, onion and tomato in a blender pass it and then puree the past. Add the broth and cook for a few minutes.
- 1 Glass of lentil (after soaking with water the night before)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of comino
- 3 eggs
- Salt to taste
- Rough parsley
- 1 medium onion
- Oil to fry
- Grind the lentils then add the chopped garlic, parsley, cumin, salt, onion and eggs.
- Stir well with a spoon and then get some dough, shape them into meatballs and fry in hot oil.
Warm lentil salad
- Raw garlic oil 25 gr.
- Peeled garlic, 100 gr.
- Virgin olive oil
- Oil of parsley, 25 gr.
- Leaves of parsley, 100 gr.
- Virgin olive oil
- Crispy bacon, 4 slices
- Crayfish, 8 whole
- Lentil stew 200 gr.
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 onion
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 bunch of aromatic herbs
- One cup of finely chopped ham vegetarian
- 1 liter of mineral water
- Salt and peppercorns
- Crush lightly with the knife blade the garlic and add to oil. Let stand at least 24 hours.
- Blend parsley with oil and let stand before straining at least 20 minutes. Reserve
- Place the slices of bacon, better if Italian round type on a silicone mat and sprinkle lightly with icing sugar. Cover with another mat and bake at 180 º watching constantly until crisp. Book on absorbent paper.
- Peel the prawns and reserve the tails slightly dipped in garlic oil. Save the heads without the clamps. With the tweezers and the shells make a fish stock. Lentil stew braise cold Put all ingredients over low heat until the lentils are cooked but still "al dente". Turn off and allow to warm.
Lentils with cod
Yield: 4 persons
- 4 slices of fresh cod, 3 cm thick + / - 200 gr. c / u,
- 200 gr. of Green Lentil
- A pint of mussels
- 2 dl of dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon of cumin rasa
- 6 cloves of Cardamom
- 2 shallots or 2 small onions
- 2 slices not too coarse dry salt unsmoked bacon
- Two booklets of saffron
- 3/4 liter of fish stock, prepared in advance with some vegetable
- (Carrot, celery, leek, parsley, bay leaf) and a scrape and fish heads
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Peel and chop the shallots well finite, put lightly in a sauté pan with a little olive oil. Once translucent toss thoroughly cleaned mussels, sprinkle with white wine, add salt and pepper and climb up the heat to high to pot covered.
- Wait 2 to 3 minutes jiggling the pan a couple of times for all open well. We pass through a sieve, reserving the remaining mussels covered to recover its broth warm and that must be filtered to remove impurities and grit. Lentils have spent the time needed to soak. We'll put them to cook in the broth / fish stock and broth from the mussels. Add cumin, cardamom at ease. In about 30 minutes they should be ready. A few minutes before the end add the saffron. While lentils murmur, roast in a pan releasing coating the slices of bacon without adding any fat.
- When they are browned, cut it into small cubes that reserve. Remove the mussels from their shells.
- Add salt and pepper slices of cod fry in pan with little olive oil, no need to swim in it. 3 minutes on each side will suffice. Prepare each dish with lentils background over cod slice of bacon squares covered. The mussels adorn the crown of lentils.
- 50 gr of lentils
- 600 ml of broth
- 1 carrot
- 1 potato
- Half small onion
- Half of the white part of a leek
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Leave to soak lentils overnight (unless they are quick cooking). Peel and cut the carrot, potato and onion, and washed and cut into small pieces the leek.
- Fry the onion and leek in the oil until soft and then add the chopped carrots and potatoes. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Incorporate the broth and lentils and once it comes to a boil, lower the heat to medium and allow about 40 minutes.
- Pass all through the grinder to puree.
The best of Recipes & Cooking
Products related with Recipes with Lentils
You have not found what you were looking for?