Legumes are another character in the food pyramid of XXI century. A pod is the fruit resulting from leguminous plants. There are many varieties of vegetables but they all share a similar structure and properties with very rich in minerals such as iron, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium or iodine, high in fiber and protein, but lack some essential amino acids, which are offset by combining legumes with grains.
Among the best known are: legumes, beans, beans, lentils, beans, peas, etc.
Here are some delicious recipes for the vegetable are missing your diet.
Lentils and vegetarian chorizo
- Olive oil (a dash)
- A clove of garlic
- Vegetarian Chorizo
- A tomato that has been soft in the refrigerator
- Lentils Pardina class (650 grams)
- Water (about 2.5 liters)
- A bay leaf
- Sea salt
- Put a pressure cooker over high heat and, while hot, put the oil, garlic (whole or cut, does not matter), sausage (you can put whole or sliced), tomato (peeled or not, and can be cut in pieces or not), and lentils (they better not cleaved or peel). Garlic and tomatoes will be in an unrecognizable state so no matter if they are cut or not. The sausage can be cut in pieces.
- Add water, bay leaf and cover the pot.
- After a few minutes the temperature of the pot is enough to blow gently, put the valve and hope to return to blow slightly.
- The valve must not rotate.
- Then lower the heat. From six to two.
- About twenty minutes later, we must return to the kitchen to get the product of our work and finish the dish.
- Turn off heat and cool the pot until you can safely remove valve.
- It's time to add salt.
- Let stand until ready to eat (about twenty minutes or half hour).
Ingredients (serves 4):
- 1 kg of tender green beans
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 large tomato
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 green pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 bay leaf, salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of oil
- 1 / 2 glass of water
- Clean the beans. Cut into 3 fingers thick and wash.
- Peel the onion, clean and chop. Cut the peeled garlic. Clean the pepper by removing the seeds and chop. Chop the tomato.
- Put everything in a saucepan over low heat, along with bay leaf, oil, water, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer until beans are tender.
Azuki with pumpkin and millet
- 200 g. of azuki beans
- 1 cup of millet
- 5 cups of water
- 6 inches of kombu seaweed
- ½ kg of pumpkin (squash)
- ¼ pound of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon of tahini (sesame puree)
- 2 tablespoons of wheat germ
- onion (green onions)
- Sea salt
- Leave Azukis to soak, along with the seaweed Kombu, overnight.
- Place in a pressure cooker the azukis, seaweed, a pinch of salt and two cups of water. When the valve starts to turn down the heat, cook for one hour.
- Wash millet and toast it in a pan without oil until it loses a slight smell of nuts.
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces.
- Put the remaining water with a pinch of salt and add the cauliflower and millet.
- Cook over low heat, covered until all water is absorbed (20 to 25 minutes)
- Meanwhile chop the squash and steam until tender.
- Blend with a fork or potato masher and set aside.
- Add finely chopped chives to millet and muss and tahini until well blended.
- In baking pan, put a layer of millet, another layer of azukis and, finally, the pumpkin.
- Sprinkle with wheat germ and brown for 5 minutes.
- Before serving, let stand a few minutes in the oven.
Soup with beans and cactus
- 2 cups of peeled and roasted dried beans (280g)
- 9 cooked and diced cactus (720g)
- 3 roasted tomatoes (360g)
- 5 peppers deveined and soaked in hot water (25g)
- 1 / 4 onion (60g)
- 6 sprigs of cilantro, chopped (30g)
- 2 tablespoons of oil (20ml)
- 1 garlic (2g)
- salt to taste
- Boil beans until soft.
- Separately, blend the peppers with the soaking water, tomatoes, onion and garlic.
- Sauté sauce.
- Add beans with their juice, chopped cilantro, the cactus and water to taste. Season with salt and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Recommendation: This tasty soup allows us to eat legumes and vegetables in one dish, only need to accompany with a main plate to provide more protein, cereals and fruit.
Chickpeas with Spinach
- 300 grams of canned chickpeas
- 200 grams of frozen spinach
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 dl of olive oil
- Sea salt
- Finely chop the onion, carrot and garlic. In a pan with olive oil, braise over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add the spinach and let them cook with the seasoning and once you begin to cook, cover with water.
- Cook over low heat 10 minutes and then add the drained chickpeas preserved. Add a little water to just cover the ingredients. Put a pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes over low heat. Serve hot.