Hijiki or Hiziki Algae is distinguished by its distinctive flavor, it really tastes like sea, it is actually the algae with more flavor. So, it is ideal when you need to enhance the flavor of any dish. It is rich in provitamin A and has a high content of iron and calcium (14 times more calcium than cow's milk). Recommended for children and pregnant mothers. Before cooking, put to soak in cold water 15 to 20 minutes, rinse and cook 20 min. It is delicious sautéed with vegetables, tofu or seitan, or added to salads. It combines well with plants, roots (beets, carrots …).
- 1 cup of hijiki seaweed (washed, soaked 5 min., Boiled 20 min., Chopped)
- ¼ cup of onion
- ¼ cup of chopped sweet corn husking
- ¼ cup of broccoli cut into small
- ¼ cup of sliced radishes
- ½ cup of chopped white cabbage very Finely
- tofu sauce *
- Boil vegetables about 30 seconds separately in a pan with 3 cm of water in the following order: onions, corn, cabbage, broccoli, radishes. Allow to cool.
- Mix vegetables with algae. Serve with tofu sauce.
*Tofu sauce: make a puree (you can use a mortar) with 150g. of Tofu, ½ small grated onion, 2 tablespoons of water, garnished with 1 tablespoon of chopped leek.
Paella Land and Sea
- 100grs of broccoli
- 2 leeks or a bunch of young garlic
- 2 green peppers
- 1 red pepper
- ½ onion
- 3 artichokes
- 2 carrots
- ½ eggplant
- ½ zucchini
- 100 gr. of mushroom
- 1 ½ dl or oil
- 30 g of Hijiki algae
- 30g of Kombu seaweed
- 250g of rice
- Clean broccoli and cut into flowers. Clean leeks and cut into very thin strips. Cut the zucchini, eggplants and carrots in cubes, mushrooms, artichokes and young garlic in foil. Put to cook in ¾ of a liter of boiling water algae for 15 min.
- Put oil in a paella pan and when hot, add the leeks carefully not browned, add garlic, carrots, artichokes, zucchini, thyme, eggplant, mushrooms, broccoli, and add rice. Spray with droplets of a lemon and cover with the boiling of liquid seaweed cooking slowly for 25 min. When dry, place the paella pan with a lid and insert it in the oven for 10 min.
- After this, remove, remove the lid and garnish with algae.
Green Soybean with Hijiki
- 150 g of green soybeans
- 4 tablespoons of seaweed hijiki
- 1 small carrot
- 1 head of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil first cold pressed
- salt and pepper
- Soak soy 6 hours before together with the algae in the water to be cooked. The water should cover the soybeans enough, given that they increase with the soaking.
- After this time is fire a pot half-filled with water.
- Roast the head of unpeeled garlic directly to the flame and put in the pot.
- Add the carrot squares, oil, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Put in pressure cooker in 10 minutes.
Noodles with algae
- 2 tablespoons of Hijiki algae
- 3 tablespoons of cochayuyo
- 1 large onion
- noodles (thin or thick)
- olive oil
MORE IN BIOMANANTIAL3 Simple Recipes with Celery
- Put soaking algae separately: Wash cochayuyo and cover with water (this water will be used later). Soad the Hiziki (hijiki) 15 minutes, throw water and cook 10 minutes more with new water, this water is not exploited, strain algae.
- Skip with a little oil, garlic and chopped onion until transparent. Add algae (without water) and go skipping 5 minutes more.
- Add water soaking of Kochayuyo, and add more to cover (1 / 2 liters approx.) Bring to the boil and add noodles.
- Simmer until noodles are dry and swell without broth.
- After that, dress with lemon and chopped parsley, a dish with great contribution of calcium.
Hiziki with almonds
- ½ cup of Hiziki seaweed (washed and soaked for 20 minutes)
- 2 carrots cut Julienne style (a thin strips)
- ½ cup of cooked corn
- 1 / 3 cup of peeled and toasted almonds
- 1 tbsp. of grated orange
- Soy sauce
- Oil and black pepper
- Concentrated apple juice (optional)
- Parsley oil
- Drain the soaked seaweed and put it in a casserole. Add a background of fresh water. Simmer 2-3 minutes. Pull the water.
- Replace a water fund. Cover and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Add the carrots, 3 tablespoons of apple juice concentrate and a tablespoon of soy sauce. Cook without lid until all the liquid evaporates.
- Mix the cooked corn, the grated orange, pepper, whole almonds and garnish with parsley. Serve.
Sautéed Hijiki Algae
- Soy Sauce
- Wash and put soaking the seaweed in cold water.
- Peel and bites the carrot and onion slices. Sauté in olive oil. When tender, add the drained seaweed. Sauté a few minutes and season.
Hiziki with vinaigrette
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALBiological control of locusts
- One cup of Hiziki
- A good handful of watercress cut into medium pieces
- 2-3 tablespoons of apple concentrate
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar of Modena
- 1 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Wash algae and soak for 20 minutes. Drain and cut into medium pieces (throw away the water). Boil algae with water for 3 minutes and throw back the water.
- Cover ¼ of the volume of the algae with water and cook covered for 20 min.
- Add the apple concentrate, vinegar, oil and soy sauce and live fire, reduce until liquid evaporates. We often move so that the alga is small and does not burn.
- Once the water evaporated, add the watercress, mix and serve hot.
- From here we can mix it with pasta, rice… With three tablespoons of concentrate is sufficiently sweet.
About the author