Published: 10/13/2009 - Updated: 09/07/2018
The grape leaves (vine) are used in Arab and Egyptian cuisine to produce a variety of dishes of high quality nutritious, low in bad fats, ideal for light or vegetarian diets. If you appreciate healthy and delicious meal, these recipes are for you. Grape leaves also have properties that greatly benefit the circulatory system and blood vessels.
Grape leaves stuffed with brown rice
- 1 jar of grape leaves to natural
- One cup of cooked brown rice
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons of pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon of raisins
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint
- sea salt
For the lemon sauce (Avgolemono):
- 2 eggs
- lemon juice
- 150 gr. of brown rice
- Olive Oil
- 1 cup of cooking broth of parsley leaves
- In a skillet sauté the minced onion and incorporate brown rice. Fry over high heat for three minutes without stirring. We incorporate the 150 gm of rice, stir, and cover. Wait five minutes and gradually add the remaining ingredients except grape leaves. Cook at slow fire for a few minutes. Let it cool down, and meanwhile we dry grape leaves. Place in a saucepan and fill with the mixture we have prepared previously.
- Arrange the leaves in a pan and fill the center with the previous preparation. Close the road without excessive pressure, because the rice will swell to the point of cooking. Throw the lemon juice, half cup of olive oil and hot water. Put a dish to avoid opening. Cover and cook over very low heat for one hour. Serve cold as served with natural yogurt or warm with lemon sauce.
- To make the lemon sauce, mix the eggs with lemon juice and gradually add the hot broth. Heat for a few minutes, stirring until thickened. Serve over warm grape leaves.
Grape leaves summer style
- 1 / 2 kg of small and soft grape leaves
- Filling of cooked vegetables (your choice)
- 2 cups of tomato sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Boil the leaves in boiling water and salt for 1 / 4 hour.
- Remove the stem of the leaf and place it so that it remains the most gentle.
- Fill with small amount of vegetable filling and roll with fingers, taking into account the edges stick while rolling inward.
- Put a leaf without filling in the bottom of the pot, place over the stuffed leaves.
- Boil tomato juice with water and lemon juice and pour the mixture over the stuffed leaves to cover.
- Bring to the boil, then let simmer. Add 1 tablespoon oil.
- Serve hot.
Grape leaves stuffed with goat cheese or tofu
- Goat cheese in pieces of 5x1cm. or pre-seasoned tofu
- Grape leaves in brine, rinsed
- Tomato sauce
- Extend the grape leaves with the smooth side down and place 1 piece of cheese per leaf.
- Fold the edges inward and roll it up.
- In a bowl greased with butter, place the rolls to cook in an oven at medium temperature, 6-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and browned leaves. Serve hot with bread.
- Bath with red tomato sauce.
Grape leaves with sardine
- 1 dozen of sardines
- 1 dozen of grape leaves (which have not been treated)
- 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil (dove)
- Sea salt and pepper
- cucumber and yogurt salad to complement
- Cut the stem of the leaves and submerge in a bowl of very hot water and leave 15 minutes.
- Clean the sardines, keeping them in one piece, with head, wash well and sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper and close.
- Wash leaves with cold water, dry them and put the extended, with the soft part facing the desk and the with more pronounced edges ahead of us. We put a sardine on each leaf and roll up lightly pressing.
- We strike down the sardines on a greased baking tray and bake (with the preheated oven) at 200 º C for 15 to 20 minutes, with both sides of the furnace on (top and bottom). Of course this depends on the type of oven, the idea is still falling at this very hot oven, and made in the minimum time at maximum temperature, so it does not dry out and are cooked and juicy.
- Serve with cucumber salad.
Grape leaves with vegetarian meat and tomato
- 1 / 2 kg of minced vegetarian meat previously prepared
- 1 large onion, grated
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 2 cups of brown rice
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Sea salt
- Pepper and Spices
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Grape leaves
- Rub the grated onion with salt, pepper and spices.
- Peel and dice tomatoes, wash and drain rice.
- Sauté vegetarian meat in oil and let cool 5 minutes. Mix all ingredients together with the vine leaves.
The best of Vegetarian
Products related with Recipes with grape leaves
You have not found what you were looking for?