Published: 08/01/2008 - Updated: 05/25/2016
Ginger is a tropical Southeast Asian root that has a spicy sweet taste and stimulating, antidepressant and expectorant properties. It is very effective for the food to digest well and has a good amount of antioxidants as important to prevent cellular aging. In the kitchen is used to flavor many dishes and give them a special flavor.
Chop suey with soy meat
Yield: 4 People
- 1 kg of soybean sprouts
- 2 cups of soy meat to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper chopped ( optional )
- 1 piece of ginger chopped or powder to taste
- 3 stems of celery chopped
- Two tablespoons of oyster sauce
- One tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp of black bean sauce
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of Knorr Switzerland
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- Half a glass of water
- Salt and ground pepper
- Place all ingredients ready near the stove.
- Place the strips of meat on a plate and season with pepper, salt, and rice wine or white wine. Reserve.
- Put the wok to heat and cooking oil, corn or soy. When smoking add the meat and move quickly frying. Remove from the wok.
- Put back a little oil and heat. Add onion, ginger, pepper and celery. Fry quickly al dente add a pinch of sugar. Remove it to a container.
- Finally do the same with the bean sprouts and add the sauce. If you need liquid, put a little water. Let cook and add the meat and onions with the peppers. Stir everything. Rectify the seasoning.
- Serve on a platter Chinese style. Add fried peppers and onions, seasoned with salt and soy sauce. And of course, white rice.
Fish Meatballs Shanghai style
Ingredients for 3 people
- 300 grams of white sturgeon fillets or red snapper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 stalks of minced onion tail
- 4 slices of ginger crushed
- 2 tablespoons of white wine
- 3/4 cup of water or more, if necessary
- 1 Egg White
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of chicken bouillon powder
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 150 grams of spinach trimmed and clean
- Rinse fish and pat dry very well, place the fillets with the skin side down, on the chopping block, and tap the meat with the edge of the knife .
- Scrape the flesh from the skin with the sharp end and remove the skin and bones, finely chop the meat to form a soft dough, by hand or grinder, place in a bowl and mix in one continuous direction, add a teaspoon of salt and continue mixing.
- Separately, mix one tablespoon of white wine, water, onion and ginger crushed, crushing to the wine to soak the flavors, then remove the onion and ginger. Add this mixture, little by little, to fish paste, stirring constantly, add the egg white and mix another five minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Heat a pan and add six cups of cold water, turn the heat off, form meatballs about 1 inch in diameter. Use a tablespoon to separate the meat and form the meatball and place directly on the water. Turn on the heat and cook until dumplings rise to the surface, turn the balls with a spatula while cooking.
- Remove from skillet and drain; keep three cups of the liquid. Heat pan and add the three cups reserved liquid, add to this a teaspoon of salt, one tablespoon of white wine, chicken broth and meatballs .
- Let bring to a boil and add the tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in two tablespoons of water to thicken; arrange the spinach in the bottom of a serving bowl and pour the hot soup on top, serve.
Soy Meat with honey and ginger sauce
- 6 thick slices of ham or vegetarian meat
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of minced shallot
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 10-12 thin wheels of Ginger, washed and peeled
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons of honey
- about 10 to 12 grains of pepper crushed
- 2 tablespoons of cognac
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried red chili pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of grated orange rind
- Rub soy meat cooked previously with lemon.
- In a heavy saucepan put the oil to heat. Add the onion, shallot, garlic, ginger and cook until wilted, about 4 minutes.
- In a container mix the water (or vegetable broth) , about 2 cups and cornstarch and add to the pot. It gets over medium heat, add also the soy sauce, honey , pepper, the cognac , ground paprika, lemon juice and grated orange rind over medium heat and cook until thickened and form a sauce with syrupy about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Put the soy meat in a pot, cover with sauce. Allow to cool. Get into the refrigerator and let marinate overnight.
- The next day remove the meat and set aside. Heat the sauce to blend it and strain through a sieve, pressing the solids with a wooden spoon against the sides of the strainer. Put in a pan, add the meat or ham and, over medium heat, brought to a boil and cook until hot, about 10-12 minutes and remove from heat for serving.
NOTE: Alternatively, the meat can be served at room temperature by covering with hot sauce.
Before you begin
Take the lobster and wash it (to remove the sand between layers), then pour it into hot water seasoned with salt , 2 cloves of garlic, ½ onion, peeled, start taking different culinary flavors , then starting at the head and careful not to burn add it and cook for 7-8 minutes over medium heat ( this will help take better taste and better inside is cooked) , then remove , and dismember the body's head turning both fractions in different directions , then wipe of the viscera and legs, then, not to abuse the shell cut first by the top and always head first with a good cutting scissors or industrial style and make the straight cut to the tail, then the part of down, take food and reserve the shells.
For the filling need
- The flesh of the lobster (pre cooked)
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 onion, chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 red pepper cut into brunoise
- 1 tsp of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped parsley
- 2 tsp of sesame oil or margarine
- 1 tbsp of toasted sesame black and white
- 2 shitake mushroom julienne ( thin strips )
- 3 tablespoons of white wine
- In a skillet or wok, with the fire at very high temperature, add the lobster flesh, along with the onion, paprika, ginger and mushrooms.
- Sauté or bake, stirring for 1 minute, then add garlic and without waiting to burn the garlic add the wine and flaming ( alcohol evaporate in preparation )
- Remove from heat and pour the preparation chopped parsley, serve within lobster tails and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds .
- To decorate wanton fry thin strips and stir constantly to prevent sticking ) and pour it on the side or base of the lobster tail.
Ginger and tofu salad
- A bunch of fresh lettuce, washed and disinfected
- 2 Tomatoes
- A loaf of tofu
- A bit of finely chopped onion
- One cup of chopped walnuts
- Three tablespoons of honey
- A pinch of pepper
- Two tablespoons of mustard
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil
- Soy sauce
- One tablespoon of fresh ginger
- Wash well lettuce and tomatoes and mix them with the onion in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, make marinade the tofu with soy sauce and lemon
- In a pan, mix the ginger, honey, pepper, salt, mustard, olive oil and set aside.
- Season salad.
- Split the tofu into small pieces and garnish salad with tofu and nuts.