Published: 02/28/2009 - Updated: 10/09/2018
Due to the great taste of garlic by many people, we have chosen these delicious recipes with the ingredients of a preferred and most used in international cuisine. Some chefs call it the king of spices, garlic, perhaps because, besides having a flavor that accentuates the extraordinary flavor of countless dishes, has a number of nutrition and healing, is an excellent diuretic, antiseptic, decongestant, lowers cholesterol and so on.
Potatoes with garlic and parsley
- Peel and cut potatoes into rather thick slices, salt is added.
- Fry in a skillet with oil not too hot. We must not brown, but should be soft.
- Potatoes are taken out and put to drain the oil, to avoid being too oily.
- Leave the pan without oil and that was greased. Put back on fire and thrown the garlic, parsley and a little salt, adding a few drops of oil. Add a little lemon juice and stir everything. Add a little vegetable broth. If the mixture is acidic, add a little more broth.
- Pour the potatoes back to the skillet and stir in remaining ingredients taking care not to break them. Correct the salt and leave them to fire at least about 6-8 minutes, moving occasionally.
Mushrooms with garlic
- 450 grs. of large mushroom
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 85 grs. Of butter
- 1 tablespoon of extravirgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Clean mushrooms and cut into quarters, spray it with lemon juice to keep them white, peel garlic and cut thick, melt the butter in a pan with oil and add mushrooms, garlic and parsley, until cold mushrooms off their juices, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper and cook on medium heat about 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot, either as a main dish or to accompany grilled chicken or cooked vegetables.
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 slices of stale bread
- ½ tsp. of white pepper
- 100 gr. of Ham chunks
- 100 gr. of chorizo into pieces
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 2 boiled eggs into pieces
- olive oil salt and pepper to taste
- Put in a pot warm some olive oil and fry the slices of bread and remove.
- In the same oil, add chopped garlic, chopped white pepper, ham and sausage. Add salt and pepper to your liking and let fry in oil a few minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve the soup in a bowl and add a top slice of bread and pieces of egg.
Garlic cream (dip)
- Bread of the day earlier
- Soak bread crumbs in milk, let it stand for about 20 minutes, then drain well and place in processor or blender, as you add processing oil, about 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, salt and pepper to taste.
- The consistency should be like a mayonnaise.
Garlic and Parmesan cheese dressing
- 1 cup of oil (sunflower, safflower)
- 3 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 clove of garlic
- 5 drops of lemon juice
- Mix the oil with the yolk and garlic until well incorporated and the whole are not pieces of garlic (I do in a blender).
- Add drops of lemon juice and cheese. It is perfect with salads.
- 1 loaf of bread
- 100g of butter
- sprig of parsley
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Without removing any of the slices, cut the loaf of bread (plunging the knife only half).
- In a bowl, let the butter miss the cold of the refrigerator and beat with crushed garlic, chopped parsley, pepper and salt.
- Wrap the loaf of bread in silver paper and place in preheated oven about 10 minutes.
- If the bread is very crispy, once that has been soaked in butter well, put 5 minutes in the oven, you can remove the role of silver.