Figs are a fruit with lots of water and rich in carbohydrates (sucrose, fructose), so their caloric value is high. This delicious fruit is rich to fiber and organic acids and minerals such as potassium, magnesium and calcium. Here are 6 delicious recipes for you to benefit from all their properties.
Baked figs with honey
- 50 ml of honey, orange flower best
- A nut butter (a tablespoon, approx.)
- 15 ml of Grand Marnier or Cointreau
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (more ground in a mortar)
- 8-10 ripe figs
- 1 teaspoon of thyme (a few sprigs)
- grated orange.
- Preheat oven to 200 º C. Heat the honey with butter, cinnamon and Grand Marnier in a bowl until it has melted and is liquid. All this without stirring.
- Cut figs in quarters, avoiding the separation of the whole and united at the base. I think it's best to cut off the tail the four sides, keeping the union at the base of fig. This can more easily acquire the taste to the sauce and remaining upright. For once I have done the reverse, cutting through the base and leaving end and crumbles more easily.
- We put the figs on a tray or Pyrex and pour the juice over them. Above some sprigs of thyme will better cool. Introduce into the oven and let cook for about 20-25 minutes. If we do not like the taste of thyme, can only make the last minutes, is sufficient to flavor figs.
- Finally, a little grated orange peel and serve still warm.
- Puff pastry, the amount required to form two layers
- fig jam or pastry cream
- Figs mature enough
- Egg yolk beaten or mixed with water to paint (as in apple pie).
- Preheat the oven to about 190 º C. We extend and cut the pastry into two layers to our taste, a rectangular or circular. Click on the bottom with a fork so they do not grow excessively. Cover with jam or pastry cream, which will put the figs cut crosswise in circles.
- Cover with another sheet of puff pastry. Painted with egg, sprinkle with sugar and introduced into the oven for half an hour or so.
- We can even cover it with some nuts or sugar glass.
- Clean the dried figs and remove the tail an cut well. Toast the almonds and also in the grinding machine Mix the almonds with the figs, add ground cloves (very little, 2 to 1 pound nails or 3) a bit of sesame and matalauva, a little cinnamon. And for kneading Well, a little brandy and dry a little honey.
- Mix everything very well and make bread or buns. Overlook flour. Let it dry a bit..
Almonds and figs dessert
- 1 tin of condensed milk (397g)
- 1 package of cream cheese (190g)
- 1 cup of peeled and ground almonds (170g)
- 16 Fresh figs cut into four
- Herbs to decorate
- Tip: You can prepare a day ahead, just keep it under refrigeration.
- Grind the almonds in the mincer. Whisk the condensed milk into blender with cream cheese and add ground almonds.
- Put sauce on top as decorative figs and mint leaves. Offer cold.
- 8 figs peeled
- 1 and 1 / 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 can of cream
- 2 tablespoons of unflavored gelatin powder
- 4 egg whites
- 1 small cup of hot water
- Blend and pass the figs with a strainer to get your juice.
- Beat to clear snow and incorporate gradually the sugar, the juice of figs and cream.
- Dissolve gelatin in hot water and add to mixture.
- Pour into the pan and bring to the refrigerator until it takes consistency.
- 6 fresh figs
- 60 g of brown sugar
- juice of 2 oranges
- 200 g of fresh quark (or cream cheese)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 25 g of butter
- 1 dash of Brandy
- Beat cream cheese with 25g sugar and ground cinnamon previously. Fill pastry with a hose nozzle smooth and store in the refrigerator for 1 / 2 hours (or 15 minutes in the freezer).
- Place the remaining sugar in a pan and let caramelized, add the butter. Stir with a wooden spoon. Wash figs and split lengthwise into two. Place in skillet and sautéing for 5 minutes each side. Watering with brandy and then set fire to flambé for a few seconds.
- Sprinkle with orange juice and make a new boil. Put into hot dishes and decorate each fig with cheese on top. Serve hot allowing the cream cheese while is melting.
The best of Fruit recipes
Products related with Recipes with Figs
You have not found what you were looking for?