Published: 11/07/2008 - Updated: 09/11/2018
The coconut is a fruit with a hard shell that keeps a white pulp and sweet and nourishing liquid that is drank in tropical countries. This fruit provides lots of fiber and is an extraordinary food for your bones, as it provides good amount of calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. In the kitchen is used to prepare all kinds of dishes, especially desserts, where does very good company with other grains and nuts. Coconut foods are highly recommended for children growing up, and for those who want to strengthen their skeletal system.
Coconut and celery dressing
- 250 grams of cottage cheese
- 300 gr of plain yogurt, no sugar
- 2 tablespoons of whipped cream (optional)
- Coconut milk to taste
- Celery finely chopped
- Ground Nut
- Add the cottage cheese and yogurt in a bowl and mix.
- Add the milk to give body to the dressing.
- Add the whipped cream to thicken and eventually add the walnut and celery to give it that flavor in the dressing.
- Add this to your favorite salad dressing.
Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup of (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons of granulated brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 package (8 ounces) of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup of granulated brown sugar
- 1 can of (7.6 fluid ounces) half cream
- 1 tablet (90 grams) of chocolate bar (not very sweet), striped
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons offlour
- 1/2 cup of strawberry jelly, warm
- Fresh raspberries, fresh mint leaves and shredded coconut for garnish
- Whipped cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 325 ° F.
- Base: in a medium bowl combine the bread crumbs, shredded coconut, butter, sugar and cocoa. Press the mixture into the bottom of a deep dish 9-inch pie, spreading the edges to the edge.
- Filling: In a large bowl beat cream cheese and sugar until it forms a smooth paste. Beat in half cream, chocolate, eggs, coconut and flour. Pour over the base for pay.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until center is firm. Cool on rack. Refrigerate until completely cold.
- Varnish the pie with strawberry jelly. Garnish each slice with a raspberry, mint leaves and shredded coconut. Place each slice on a bed of whipped cream before serving.
- Half cup of crushed crackers (fine flavor taste)
- 1kg. of delicacy (or more if necessary)
- 1 cup of shredded coconut (or a little more if needed)
- Grate the cookies and put them in a container.
- Add the delicacy to cookies, it should be a mixture more or less dry, you can form into balls.
- Add then the grated coconut dish and delicacy balls must override the grated coconut,
- Leave in the refrigerator for 3 hours and ready.
Coconut and Oat Cookies
Yield: 15 cookies
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of oats
- 90g of diced Butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of dry grated coconut (preferably organic)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter with sugar until creamy consistency.
- Add egg and beat again, then add the remaining ingredients. There will be a firm, form balls with it more or less 4 cm in diameter and flatten slightly.
- Place in the pan that you've covered with foil (not necessary to grease) and bake about 15-20 minutes.
- As lightly browned, remove them.
Nourishing coconut and amaranth milk
- 2 liters of milk
- 1 Grated Coconut
- 1/2 brown sugar, brown sugar or honey
- Half a cup of powdered Amaranth
- Boil the milk with the sweetener selected.
- Once milk takes the color of honey or sugar, pour the coconut and then move.
- Add powdered amaranth. This milk is ideal for dining, provides plenty of protein, calcium, and helps achieve the dream.