Chickpeas contain magnesium, iron, calcium and potassium. They are a source of protein and fiber , which helps to fight and prevent constipation. Chickpeas help reduce cholesterol and prevent and cure cardiovascular diseases , recommended for diabetics because their carbohydrates are slow assimilation.
This vegetable is very good food but is one of the most difficult to cook and digest, so we must be careful and let it soak for 24 hours before cooking.
Chickpea soup with grilled cod
- Previously cooked chickpeas
- Cod ( high back desalting )
- Leek , Carrot , onion
- Cod Fumet
- Dry red chilli pepper
- Cream and virgin olive oil .
- Cut cod into four equal parts.
- Soak the cod in oil.
- Put the part of the skin in hot grill .
- Gilded and reserve.
- We clean the spinach in water. Heat the oil and sauté spinach. Reserve.
- Sauté the chickpeas cooked with oil, salt and onion. Add the fish stock of cod and give a boil, add the cream and butter cut into cubes.
- Grind all, strain , season and set aside.
- Cut the pepper into thin rings and add the olive oil. Warm to 40 ° for 2 h. and reserve. We finished the cod in the steam oven at 60 ° for a few minutes .
- Two cups of cooked chickpeas
- Curry , duck liver ( opcinal ) , onions
- Paprika and Arbequina oil .
- Grind the chickpeas.
- Add the curry and go through the sieve. Reserve.
- Devein the foie , marinate with pepper , salt. Put it at 50 ° for 30 minutes.
- Put it in a tub and take out the air with a vacuum maker. Reserve at 3 ° for 3 h .
- Sauté the onion until it turns brown, crush and add the demi -glace. Stretch and dry for about 12 hours at 40 ° . Cut and fry at 80 ° until crisp .
Squid stuffed with chickpeas
- Chickpeas cooked
- 1kg of squid
- Squid ink, paprika and olive oil.
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALtepezcohuite-1
- Process the chickpeas cooked until creamy smooth. Cut the squid into strips of 5 cm. and fry over high heat for a short time.
- Fill the squid with chickpea. Cut the truffle into slices and put on top.
- Cook egg yolks in a water bath with a few drops of oil and a pinch of paprika. And make a cream with squid ink and olive oil .
Tofu with chickpeas
- 1 stick of tofu the size of the hand
- 200 gr of chickpeas (freshly cooked)
- 1 onion
- Small raisins
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- Cut the tofu into cubes and reserve.
- In a pan fry the chopped onion finite, when it has a little color, add the tofu , raisins over medium -low heat and let it go browning the tofu , with 10 minutes is sufficient.
- Take a little bit of mustard, mix all the ingredients to permeate, and finally add some oregano
Breasts with chickpea sauce
Serves : 4 people
MORE IN BIOMANANTIALBulgur Recipes
- 8 chicken breast fillets or turkey
- 1 onion
- half can of cooked chickpeas
- 1 small carton of cream
- a handful of walnuts
- a handful of raisins
- ground cumin
- olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- We put the chicken the night before soaked in milk , so they are more juicy .
- Salt the chicken and fry seared in the pan with oil.
- Remove and in the same frying oil (add more if needed ) poach julienned onion along with a bay leaf and a little salt .
- While crush the chickpeas and put them in the blender with the cream and a little cumin and beat until well fluid.
- Add to the pan and stir.
- Add nuts and raisins and stir until sauce consistency.
- Add the chicken and sauté over medium heat, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
Murty, C. M., Pittaway, J. K., & Ball, M. J. (2010). Chickpea supplementation in an Australian diet affects food choice, satiety and bowel health. Appetite, 54(2), 282–288.
Rachwa-Rosiak, D., Nebesny, E., & Budryn, G. (2015). Chickpeas-composition, nutritional value, health benefits, application to bread and snacks: a review. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, 55(8), 1137–1145.
About the author