Published: 11/13/2009 - Updated: 07/23/2017
The chayote (vegetable pear) is a fruit, although it is used in cooking like a vegetable soup to prepare exquisite and highly nutritious meals, as this fruit has excellent nutritional properties, it is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, and it has very few calories. Here are some delicious recipes.
- 2 chayote cooked and drained
- 1 / 2 tsp. of finely minced garlic
- 1 / 2 tsp. of chopped fresh thyme
- 1 / 4 cup of grated cheese
- 1 / 4 cup of cooked sweet corn
- 1 tbsp. of vegetable broth
- 1 / 4 tsp. of maro salt
- 1 / 4 cup of egg
- 1 / 8 tsp. of black pepper or to taste
- 1 tbsp. of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. of wheat bread crumbs and seasoned
- 1 / 2 tsp. of paprika
- 1 / 8 tsp. of black pepper
- Cut chayote along so that it is half and remove seeds with a spoon, remove the pulp and reserve the shells. Puree the pulp and mix with garlic, thyme, cheese, corn, vegetable broth, salt, egg and black pepper.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on the bottom of the shells, fill them with the mixture of the pulp of the chayote and cover with bread crumbs, paprika and black pepper.
- Arrange them in a refractory round and enter the microwave H-hi (hundred percent) for 6 minutes.
Baked chayote with goat cheese
- 3 chayote
- Goat cheese (to taste)
- 5 molds of foil (make big cups)
- Boil and once chayote boiled, peel and puree them and put half of butter.
- Place the goat cheese and put in the oven at 120 ° C a few minutes. Served hot or cold.
Minced chayote and soy meat
- 4 large chayote
- 5 ears of sweet corn
- 1 / 2 bottle of milk
- 1 / 2 pound of meat
- 1 / 4 teaspoon of achiote
- 3 cups of textured soy previously prepared
- Pepper and cumin to taste
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of brown sugar
- Peel the chayote and chop rather fine. Sweat the meat, and when soft, grind. Put a fire pan with butter, onion, annatto, and add the corn and leave it until cooked.
- Then it is ready, throw chayote, soy meat, cumin and pepper, milk, salt and a teaspoon of sugar, taking care to move it frequently to prevent sticking.
- 2 boneless chayote
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 liters of water
- Salt and pepper
- 350 grams of cheese or double cream
- ½ stick of butter
- 4 slices of white bread
- chopped chives
- Cut chayote into thick strips and then into large cubes and all skin. The onion and garlic also cut into cubes. Put everything in a pan of boiling water.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cooking is about 30 minutes until the chayote is tender.
- Liquefy the chayote with the broth and double cream cheese, strain and pour into a hot pan with butter. You cook for 10 to 15 minutes on medium heat.
- 6 guajillo chiles, seeded and deveined
- 1 / 4 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 1 / 2 quarts of vegetable broth (made with bouillon powder)
- 2 sliced carrots
- 10 mushrooms
- 1 / 2 cup of clean peas
- 1 chopped Chayote
- 1 corn cut into four
- 100 g of beans
- 2 sliced zucchini
- 2 potatoes cut into four
- 1 cup of corn mace
- A branch of epazote
- salt to taste
- Boil the peppers, onion and garlic in 2 cups of vegetable broth. Once cooked, mash well and set it aside.
- Put the remaining broth to boil vegetables with the sauce and toss. Add the corn and simmer 5 minutes, then add the chayote, carrots and peas. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then incorporate the beans and let boil.
- Mix corn meal with salt to taste to form pellets. Press them with your finger to form a navel and add to the boiling broth, also add the mushrooms, zucchini and epazote.
- Check the seasoning and simmer until vegetables are tender.