Published: 07/21/2010 - Updated: 01/04/2014
The cashew is also known as Indian nut, it is a popular fruit with high nutritional value, very energetic, high-quality fats of vegetable origin, contains protein, vitamin B1 (Thiamine) VB2 (Riboflavin), B6, vitamin C , iron, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and potassium. This nut is well appreciated in the kitchen; it can be used to prepare sauces, dressings, soups, salads and even stews. Here are some recipes for you to give a special touch to your dishes.
Salad with rice and cashews
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 200 g of brown rice
- 100 g of strawberries
- 150 g cooked and peeled shrimp
- A handful of cashews
- 50 g of blue cheese
- 1 head of lettuce
- Some liquid cream
- 1 tablespoon of white wine (optional) and a vinaigrette
- Oil, salt and a bay leaf
- Put the rice in boiling salted water and bay leaf (double water than rice).
- When cooked, refresh in cold water and drain well.
- Chop the strawberries, shrimp and the head of lettuce.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and add the cashews.
- Now prepare the sauce, beating the cheese, cream, wine, vinegar and oil, season bowl and stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Serve the salad, using a mold and decorate with a strawberry. The mixture of flavors is really impressive and worth a try. If you do not like strong cheese, you can substitute a milder.
Chicken with cashew sauce
- 3 or 4 chicken thighs sliced
- 1 onion
- Medium zucchini
- 2 large mushrooms
- 4 garlic
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 cup of cashews
- White Wine
- 2 teaspoons of curry
- Olive Oil
- Brown the seasoned chicken in a large skillet and reserve.
- Cut the onion into strips and slowly poach in a frying pan.
- Cut the other vegetables, sliced zucchini, sliced mushrooms too, garlic and pepper into pieces and add all to the pan. When the vegetables are al dente, add the chicken and a splash of wine. Allow to reduce the wine and add the curry and a splash of cream, about 50 ml.
- Allow the cream reduce and thicken, add salt to taste and add the cashew into pieces.
- 4 dl. of coconut milk
- 150 gr. of cashew
- 1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger or dry powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika or pepper, as desired
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 spring onion
- 1 dl. of soybean oil or sunflower oil
- 1 / 4 liter of beef broth, chicken or fish, depending on the dish to go along
- Grind the fried cashews chopper so that they are very finely along with the parsley, ginger and paprika.
- Put everything in a bowl and add the coconut milk and soy sauce. Mix well and set aside.
- Finely chop the onion and put in a pan with oil. Allow pouch. When poached, add the teaspoon of flour and sauté a few minutes. Then add the contents of the bowl and sauté a few moments. Moisten slowly with warm broth and cook to get the right thickness. Serve with dishes of poultry, meat or grilled fish, grilled or baked.
- NOTE: You may need all the stock or even a bit more depending on the thickness of the coconut milk.
- Blue cheese
- Olive Oil
- Vinegar of Modena
- Take a bowl, put a little salt, add the vinegar and mount with oil gradually.
- Now, add a little blue cheese and continue beating.
- Peel the tomatoes with very little vegetables; with the skin of the tomatoes you can do some roses to decorate salads.
- And finally the cashews, but remind that you have to put them just before serving to crisp.
- 50 grams of cashew nuts
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 onion
- 1 large golden apple
- 1 nut margarine
- 1 potato
- 2 large carrots
- Peel and chop the vegetables and apple, and sauté for 5 minutes in a pan with melted margarine, stirring occasionally. Add cashews and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and let it simmer for 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Go through the food mill or blender, leaving a smooth texture. Grind with salt and pepper and serve hot with a few cashews decorating the plate. If you want to make a creamy soup, substitute half a cup of broth for cream or chopped tofu.