Published: 04/30/2010 - Updated: 09/06/2018
Broccoli is a vegetable that is consumed almost everywhere, usually in the West. It is a light and tasty vegetable, belonging to the cruciferous family, originally from Italy, has large amounts of nutrients among which are vitamin A, B and C, besides being rich in iron, potassium and zinc. Broccoli is considered one of the XXI century foods, because among other properties, it helps prevent and fight cancer.
For you to benefit from this powerful vegetable, here we share some recipes. Remember to avoid cooking vegetables much so that do not lose their nutrients, it’s better eat steamed or, when possible, raw.
Cream of broccoli
- A kilo of broccoli
- a small onion
- A tablespoon of oil
- A hazelnut butter
- A large potato
- One liter of chicken stock
- Two egg yolks
- A small glass of liquid cream
- Sea salt and pepper
- Wash broccoli and separate into florets, leaving a piece of trunk.
- Peel potato and cut into cubes. Peel the onion and chop very fine.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil with the butter and when hot pour the onion and leave until it is transparent, then add potato cubes and broccoli florets, fry all together for five minutes. Then add the broth, salt and pepper to taste, cover the pan and let it cook for thirty minutes. Detach it from the heat and when it is tempered, pass through the mixer until creamy. Reheat slightly.
- Put egg yolks mixed with cream in the bowl and move to form a hot cream. Serve immediately.
- American Lettuce
- 2 pounds of broccoli
- 3 cups of steamed mixed vegetables
- Pitta bread
- 2 boiled eggs
- 2 lemons (juice)
- Salt and pepper
- Cook broccoli and vegetables separated by 10 minutes, then strain and pass through cold water.
- In a bowl, place lettuce leaves in the center to accommodate up broccoli vegetables and pitta bread sliced with eggs seasoned with oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Broccoli au gratin
- 1 kg of Broccoli
- 250 g of cream
- 50 g of butter
- 250 grams of grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the broccoli, washed and cut in a pot with salt. Let it boil until tender and then set aside.
- For sauce, in another pot, place the cream with a small piece of fresh parmesan cheese and cook until cheese is melted, simmering always.
- In a baking dish, put a little sour cream, broccoli and then over the rest of the cream, cover up everything. Top with grated Parmesan cheese on top and sprinkle a little pepper. Take to hot oven for 10 minutes or until cheese has browned.
Broccoli in tomato sauce
- 500 grams of broccoli
- 1 medium onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 400 grams of crushed tomatoes (or tomato sauce already prepared)
- Ground cayenne pepper
- Sea salt
- Chop broccoli and wash thoroughly under running water. Cook for 3 or 4 minutes in steam.
- On the other hand, in a pan with a little oil, make a sauce with chopped onion and red and green peppers cut into strips.
- Once sautéed, add the crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Fry the tomatoes with the sauce stirring until thickened. You can correct the acidity of the tomatoes with a little sugar. (You can also use tomato sauce already prepared)
- Finally, add the cooked broccoli and cook all together another 3 minutes.
- 2 eggs
- 1 / 4 of cheese (fresh) or Manchego cheese
- 3 tomatoes boiled with 2 cloves of garlic and a piece of onion
- 2 cloves (spice)
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 / 2 sliced onion
- 1 / 2 pint of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a piece of cheese in the broccoli. Beat the egg whites until they stand up and add the yolks, salt and pepper to taste and continue beating. Immerse the broccoli with cheese in the froth of egg and fry in oil until cooked egg. Repeat all with all the "trees" of broccoli.
- Moreover, liquefy the tomatoes with the garlic and onion, add salt to taste. Boil in a pan a little oil and add the tomatoes liquefied and after a while, add the broth, cloves, cinnamon and onion slices. When it begins to boil, put the coated broccoli here.