Published: 01/29/2009 - Updated: 05/26/2019
Also known as beans or dried beans, the beans are pulses contain many nutrients, can vary in color from clear to black coffee, with rice to bring together most of the essential amino acids. These can be included in various dishes, and are highly recommended for people who practice great physical effort, such as high performance athletes for its great wealth and power energy of proteins.
Beans and artichokes soup
- 200 grams of beans of the variety "arrocina"
- 10 tiny artichokes
- 3 garlic cloves
- Half cup of oil
- half a glass of wine from Montilla-Moriles
- Some threads of saffron and salt
- Beans are soaked in the night before and then cooked in a pot with some water until half done.
- To avoid the excess broth, put little water and then adding cold water repeatedly breaking the boil, in this way are more creamy.
- While cooking beans, prepare artichokes about "à la montillana" as follows: put a little oil in a skillet brown and add garlic in small pieces before they start to take color, add the artichoke hearts, and when everything is golden brown, is watered with wine and have a few minutes to live fire.
- When the beans are half cooked, artichokes enter the pot, put a little salt and a few strands of saffron and a little more water if necessary, and allowed to finish making porridge.
Beet with beans
- 300gr. of beans
- 1 kg of spinach
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 slices of bread
- salt, pepper
- Put the beans to soak the night before. The next day pour the drained beans in a pot, cover with cold water and set on fire. as change begins to boil water, put back on the fire, add a few drops of oil and the onion peeling line in half. Let it boil a low heat about 2 hours, depending on the type of beans. At the end add the chopped spinach and clean.
- Finish baking. Put into a saucepan 3 tablespoons oil and fry garlic and bread slices and sprinkle with paprika.
- Remove from pan and grind in mortar. Incorporate into the pot of beans, seasoning and serve hot.
Red beans stew
Yield: 4 persons.
- 250 grams of red beans
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 leaf of Laurel
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 big spoonful of flour
- 1 deciliter of olive oil
- Clarify the beans in cold water and clean once in the left soaking in cold water overnight.
- The next day, build their own water soaking, put in a pot and add cold water to cover and a little more.
- Add the onion cut in half, peeled carrots, garlic, peeled and whole, bay leaves and a dash of oil.
- Leave it to low heat and cooking slowly, taking care that they are always covered with water, adding a little cold water if necessary. When it’s at the point remove from heat, remove the onion, carrot and laurel leaf. Onion and carrot spent by puree maker and add the puree to the beans.
- In a skillet, fry in a little oil meal, we took the heat and add a teaspoon of paprika and quickly add a little broth and pour over the cooked beans.
- Season with salt and cook 5 minutes more.
- Before serving it should rest 10 minutes.
Beans and prawn salad
Yield: 4 persons
- 250 gr of white beans
- 300 gr. of shrimp, peeled
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon of bread crumbs
- 1 / 2 cup of oil
- 4 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- Put the beans to soak the night before. Drain, cover with cold water, put the bay leaf, salt and cook for 90 minutes, more or less. Peel and cut onions into strips and finely chop the parsley. Put the onion in a bowl, cover with vinegar and let macerate an hour. Coat the peppers with a little oil and grilling in the oven until tender.
- When cool, peel and cut into strips. In a bowl, put 4 tablespoons of olive oil, breadcrumbs and chopped parsley, mix prawns with the mixture above, heat the oil in a skillet, fry the prawns and reserve. Mix the vinaigrette ingredients and shake well. Put the beans, pepper, onion and shrimp in a drained fountain.
- Pour the vinaigrette over and mix well before serving.
White beans with mushrooms and clams
- 300 grams of white beans
- ½ pound of clams fine
- 100 grams of mushrooms
- 75 grams of ripe tomatoes
- 100 grams of onion
- ½ bay leaf
- A branch of parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- We put the beans to soak in cold water during the previous night. The next morning, drain and move them to a saucepan and add the chopped onion, tomatoes peeled and cut into small pieces, bay leaves, garlic, parsley, paprika and crude oil and cover with cold water.
- When breaks the boil, lower fire and let it cook slowly, ensuring that the beans are always covered with water so that no loose skin.
- Once tender, season with salt clean and add the chopped mushrooms and continue cooking slowly.
- Apart open clams with a little garlic in a skillet and when they have opened add a little chopped parsley and pour over the beans and mushrooms, leaving them with the clam boil slowly 10 minutes more.
- It is removed from the heat and let stand, covered, ten minutes before serving.