Published: 01/02/2006 - Updated: 02/13/2018
The Arame alga (Eisenia bicyclis) is a brown alga with delicate flavor and soft texture. Rich in calcium, phosphorus, iodine and other minerals and vitamins as A, B1 and B2. It promotes blood circulation.
It is very similar to Iziki although Arame touch is softer and sweeter and milder flavor. Alga is quickly accepted by the Western taste. It combines well with tofu, cooked with vegetables and legumes. The Arame inhabits rocks below the water level. It is traditionally harvested by women, who dive into the waters where it breeds.
Its sweet taste is due to their high sugar content without calories, rich in mannitol. Mineral balance combat hypertension and endocrine disorders to treat women. It is especially rich in calcium and iodine.
Cauliflower Soup with Seaweed
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 carrot, pieces
- 1 / 4 cauliflower, flaked
- 1.15 dl of water
- 1 tablespoon of Arame algae
- 30 g of peas
- 2 tablespoons of shoyu, soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Japanese miso, soybean paste
- black pepper
- 2 chives, minced fine
- Fry onion, ginger and garlic.
- Add the carrots and cauliflower and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add water, Arame, peas and shoyu. Bring to a boil over low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Make the puree with some miso soup and add it. Take care not to boil soup.
- Season with pepper. Garnish with chives.
Seitan with mushrooms on the grill
- 1 seitan block in pieces
- 300 gr of mushrooms
- 1 / 2 cup of Arame algae soaked 10 min.
- 3 spoons of oil
- 3 spoons of soy sauce
- 5-6 slices of fresh ginger
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 spoons of apple concentrate
- fresh parsley
- Clean the mushrooms well and, if they are large, cut them in half. Heat oil in a pan and add mushrooms.
- Sauté about 2 or 3 min. Add the seitan into pieces, drain Arame seaweed, bay leaves, the
- sliced ginger and water to cover the amount of ingredients.
- Add apple concentrate and soy sauce. Cover and cook over medium heat until
- to evaporate the liquid (approx. 20 min.) Serve sprinkling fresh parsley.
Arame oriental style
- 1 package of rice noodles
- 1 carrot cut julienne style
- 1 red pepper cut fine
- ½ package of soybean sprouts
- ½ cup of corn cobs, cut in half
- 1 bunch of fresh onions, green part cut into strips
- ½ cup of Arame seaweed soaked 10 minutes and drained
- Sea salt Olive oil
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. of toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of apple juice concentrate
- 1 ½ tablespoons of fresh ginger juice (grated and drained)
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of thickening of flour or corn
- Cook the rice noodles in plenty of boiling water, as indicated in the package. Wash with cold water and drain. Sauté the green onions with a little olive oil and a pinch of sea salt for 2-3 minutes. Add the red pepper, carrots and corn and skip half flame and a few drops of soy sauce for 7-10 minutes. If necessary, add a few drops of water to avoid scorching.
- Add Arame seaweed and sprouts. Skip 2 minutes.
- Add spaghetti to rice and mix well.
- Heat the water in the sauce and add remaining ingredients.
- Dilute the thickener with a little cold water, add to sauce and mix well to get a thicker consistency and transparency.
- Pour the sauce over the spaghetti and vegetables.
- green beans, half quarter kg.
- Red and green pepper to taste.
- Some garlic.
- One medium tomato chopped not too fine.
- Algae: kombu, wakame and Arame
- A cup of rice per person.
- Two pills of vegetable broth.
- Olive oil, half a small glass
- 3 cups of water for each of rice.
- A little salt.
- Cut green beans and red pepper.
- Place a skillet or paella to fire with olive oil.
- Add vegetables to the fire, and a stir-fry simmer, but not done. You can tomato stir-fry at the end.
- Add water to cover the skillet or paella without the fire and make it harder to cook. Add a pinch or handful of Arame seaweed, bits of seaweed around a piece of kombu and wakame seaweed in water. And a pill or two of vegetable broth to taste.
- Try the soup and correct for salt, if necessary.
- Throw rice.
- Then let cook for time, as brown rice (about 40 minutes) or semi-whole (approx. 25 minutes), checking the package.