This extraordinary plant food is considered the food of the future, and is on the international programs approved by dietitians from NASA. In it we find an important source of protein and vitamins how A, B , C , B1 , B2 , B3. It is rich in folic acid, and important minerals like calcium , iron and phosphorus. It is one of the richest foods , with the presence of amino acids like lisina. Its raw leaves contain considerable amounts of iron.
Here we share delicious recipes with Mexican flavor to vary your menu this week.
Fish with amaranth
( 4 servings )
- 4 shark fish cutlets
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of amaranth
- Olive oil
- 300 grams of small potatoes
- 1 cup of water to cook the potatoes
- 300 g of carrots
- 1 tablespoon of chopped chile de arbol
- Salt and pepper
- Varnish the fish with the egg.
- Mix the amaranth with a little salt and pepper fish breading .
- Fry in olive oil on both sides.
- Serve with salad.
Soy milk, amaranth and oats gruel
Ideal breakfast for children in school age
- 2 liters of soy milk
- 150 grams of amaranth flour
- 50 grams of cereal amaranth
- 150 grams of rolled oats
- Cinnamon and brown sugar
- Boil milk with cinnamon
- In blender, grind the oats , amaranth flour and cereal , with little water.
- When boiling milk is emptied in flour and let simmer, stirring to prevent sticking
- Sweeten to taste.
Amaranth Omelette, Mexican style
- 1 egg
- 3 Potatoes
- 3 poblano chilies
- 10 Amaranth leaves washed and chopped
- ½ Onion
- Boil the potatoes , peel and let cool , then cut into squares.
- Roast the poblano chiles meantime, peel and cut into slices.
- Finally, chop the onion into slits .
- In hot oil, fry the onion until transparent.
- Add the poblano slices, and after a while , potatoes cut into squares and Amaranth leaves .
- When everything is well fried, incorporate previously beaten eggs .
- Check the salt and let curdle.
Pumpkin, corn and amaranth soup
- 1/4 cup of oil
- Two cups of amaranth leaves
- 300 grams of chopped zucchini
- 2 shelled corn kernels
- 2 liters of water
- 1/2 Kilo of tomato
- 1 Branch of epazote
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 onion slice
- 1/2 cup of amaranth cereal
- In a bowl , heat the oil , fry the zucchini , amaranth leaves and corn kernels until acitrone.
- Add tomatoes with garlic and onion , along with water and epazote , let the vegetables being cooked for 30 min.
- Serve garnished with the grain amaranth .
- 1/4 kilo Of rice, washed and drained
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Two cups of amaranth leaves .
- 4 poblano peppers (or green peppers ) , roasted and deveined
- 3 cups of vegetable broth (or water)
- In a skillet, heat the oil and fry the rice with the onion and garlic.
- Apart puree the chiles with amaranth leaves.
- When the rice is transparent , drain the oil , add the vegetable broth or water, and to the mixture the chiles and let the fire until the rice fluffy and ready .
Amaranth and papaya juice
This juice is good for lowering cholesterol and for the stomach to work well, it's good to beautify the skin and give a lot of energy. Take it in the morning , if you like, you can vary the papaya for mango, banana , and so on .
- 2 tbsp of amaranth (in pop)
- 1 slice of papaya
- Honey to taste
- 1 cup of soy milk
- 1 teaspoon of rolled oats
- Blend all and serve.
The best of World Cuisine
Products related with Recipes with Amaranth, Mexican style
You have not found what you were looking for?