Published: 11/13/2008 - Updated: 07/20/2017
Just as in fashion, the almond is the kitchen companion during autumn-winter as it is widely used in a myriad of Christmas dishes and prudent consumption, provides energy in the cold season, and prevents cardiovascular disease and makes shine and highlight the dishes with its very peculiar taste. The almond is a food with higher nutritional value: notable for its high protein content (20%), fiber (14%), vegetable fat (53.5%), largely in the form of oleic acid. It is rich in minerals such as calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium and vitamins like E, B1, B2, and so on.
Chard with Almonds
- 1 ½ Kilos of Chard.
- 14 raw almonds.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 1 tablespoon of flour.
- The juice of a lemon.
- Thoroughly clean the threads removing chard, separate the white from the green, the green cut tiny, cook and drain well and sauté with garlic and set aside.
- Cut the white part into long pieces, put water to boil with salt and a squeeze of lemon juice when cooking chard introduce and cook until tender, meanwhile put oil in a pan, fry the garlic and almonds until lightly browned, remove and set aside the oil.
- Put the garlic and almonds in a mortar and pound until a paste, put back the pan with the oil to heat, add a tablespoon of flour giving it a few turns, but without the flour comes to brown, toss the paste made with garlic and almonds, ruminate and pour over the spinach, cook for about ten minutes.
- Put the leaves in the center of a platter and surround them with the green part of the chard we had reserved, serve piping hot.
1 kilo of wheat flour
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 pound of butter
- A half cup of almonds
- Empty the flour into a bowl, add eggs, vanilla teaspoon, cup of sugar, almond pieces and finally a pound of butter to churn and remain manageable dough to shape the cookies.
- Leave in the oven for 45 minutes up to one hour and ready.
- You can sprinkle with coconut and brown sugar.
Rice with almonds
350 gr. of Rice.
- 150 gr. of Almonds.
- 3 C. of oil.
- 1 onion.
- 30 gr. of Butter.
- 1 liter of vegetable broth.
- 1 cup of white wine.
- salt sea.
- 2 cups of Parmesan
- Cut the onion finely and fry in oil, rice and toast together, then pour on the wine.
- When it has evaporated, add the broth slowly until the rice is cooked al dente.
- Besides, brown butter and almonds.
- Five minutes before end of cooking, put rice.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve in the cooking vessel itself.
- ½ l. of milk (You can use vegetable soy milk or rice milk instead of cow)
- 200 grams. of brown sugar.
- 100 grams. of ground almonds.
- 4 medium eggs.
- Grate the peel of a lemon.
- In a pie plate, put 3 tablespoons of sugar and burn it to a simmer (with two or three drops of water).
- Mix a glass of milk and sugar (if you put milk first fire melts better).
- Beat the 4 eggs and then mix with ground almonds and remaining milk.
- Put into the pan and all ingredients mixed.
- Put the water bath (put the pan in a bowl of water that cover up half the pie) for 45 minutes.
- Tip: To find out if it is ready you can click the flan with a pin. If it comes out clean it is already.
Yield: 4 persons
- 30 blanched almonds.
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic.
- 4 slices of bread.
- 1/2 red pepper.
- 1/2 green pepper.
- 1 spring onion.
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- 3 peppercorns.
- 1 teaspoon of powdered saffron.
- 1 liter of water.
- Olive oil.
- Fry the almonds in hot oil, when golden, remove and put drain them.
- In the same oil sauté garlic, diced bread, chopped peppers, peppercorns, saffron and onion also chopped.
- When this all lightly browned, put a pinch of salt and pour into a mortar, but not before draining the oil.
- Add the almonds and crush to a smooth paste.
- In a pan put a liter of water and put the fire until it boils, then threw the mortar paste.
- When return to boil remove foam and leave cooking 10 minutes over low heat.
- Try if salt is ok before serving sprinkle with chopped parsley.
The best of Recipes & Cooking
Products related with Recipes with Almonds for Autumn-winter
You have not found what you were looking for?