Mystical Granada born under the shelter of the Himalayas, and from mouth to mouth and hand to hand his favors were distributed from India to encircle the Mediterranean. For us Americans, we owe some of our parents that their hearts could not dislodge them and that the loaded their long voyages across the Atlantic with him. As the Spanish in 1700, the first to love the new continent with its curious fleshy seed coverage and whose juices stain our clothes as blood.
Today grenades have joined the troop of fruits that give us nutrients with antioxidant properties due to its content of anthocyanins, ellagic acid and tannins. Pomegranates have a high content of vitamin C. Pomegranates have a molecule known as punicalagin believed may have a beneficial impact on the intestinal flora. Of this delicious fruit I share three recipes, which is amazing even in its natural state, a dessert ready requiring only to be cut from the tree:
Lamb marinated in juice Granada
- 1 Granada
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 kg of lamb chops
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ thinly sliced onion
- 1 ½ tsp. thyme
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chop 2 garlic cloves and thyme and add to the sides of the chops.
- A an airtight bag or a plastic container with a lid add cranberry juice. Dip chops in it, cover bowl and refrigerate to marinate overnight.
- In a pan add oil and a clove of minced garlic and onions, saute.
- Remove chops from marinade and season, cook in skillet. After cooking add something marinade to the pan and reduce.
- Serve chops and cover with a bit of reduced juice, garnish with fresh seeds of Granada.
Chickpea Salad with Granada
- 1 cup Granada seed
- 400 gr chickpea
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup sliced cucumber and shelled
- 1 yellow peppe
- ½ cup. Onion
- Salt and pepper
- Soak chickpeas overnight and cook with pressure cooker and salt for 20 or 30 minutes from the pot begins to release steam, until they can be soft.
- In a skillet stir cumin until it begins to release its fragrance, it will take about 3 minutes.
- Empty in a bowl and mix with cumin lime juice, sugar and paprika.
- Al container add the seeds of Granada, chickpeas, cucumbers, thinly sliced onion and bell pepper cut into strips. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Vanilla and Granada cake
- 100 ml of juice Granada
- 110 gr. Granada seed
- 100 gr Strawberry
- 85 gr icing sugar
- ½ tbsp. vanilla extract
- 100 gr flour
- 200 gr butter
- 200 gr sugar
- 3 eggs
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 140 gr flour pancakes
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Beat butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time while still beating, then lemon juice and finally the vanilla extract.
- Combine both flours and mix with the remaining ingredients.
- Empty dough to a baking sheet greased and floured.
- Preheat oven to 140 ° C, bake for 50 minutes until the bread rise and take a golden color. Use a toothpick or fork to check cooking.
6. Granada Mix juice with lemon, sugar and vanilla. Heat gently until the sugar is well dissolved.
7. Reduce fluid until slightly thicker consistency of the syrup. Allow to cool.
8. Seeds Granada Add syrup.
9. Remove pan from oven and let cool, with a toothpick or fork to make holes in the top of the bread to soak the syrup.
10. Bathe with syrup and garnish with sliced strawberries.