Published: 07/25/2009 - Updated: 10/21/2018
It is rich in iron, purified and rich in natural fiber; alfalfa also contains a lot of chlorophyll, so it's ideal for combating bad breath or body odor. It contains plenty of calcium and magnesium. In the kitchen is very versatile, as it goes very well in almost any salad, juices, soups, stews and more. Even the water of alfalfa is very rich and nutritious.
Alfalfa and raspberry salad
Yield: 4 servings
- 250 grams of mixed lettuce
- 50 grams of afalfa sprouts
- 50 grams of raspberries
- 200 grams of goat cheese
- 100 grams of onion
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of vinegar of Modena
- Salt to taste
- Wash and drain lettuce leaves varied. Cut the onion into julienne (strips). Once cut, in a skillet with olive oil and hot heat with a little garlic or Tamari (soy sauce).
- Add the vinegar of Modena and ready to reserve.
- In a nonstick pan and low heat, lightly cook the goat cheese.
- Assemble the salad with mixed lettuce and goat cheese to the plate. Put sauce around them with a warm vinaigrette of onions and fruit.
- Finish the dish by adding a few berries and alfalfa sprouts.
Rice with Alfalfa
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- 4 cups of tender alfalfa leaves
- 1 / 2 kg. of Potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 / 4 k. of rice
- 2 carrots
- 1 / 2 liters of water or vegetable broth
- In a saucepan place the oil and add potatoes, cut carrots, garlic and chopped onion.
- Then add rice, alfalfa leaves, rinsed and dried. Stirring constantly, and seasoning to taste.
- Finally, add the vegetable broth or water and let boil for 20 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup of alfalfa (leaves)
- 1 / 2 cup of celery
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
- Pass the alfalfa and celery in a blender with a little hot water (not boiling).
- Add the tomato, a big spoonful of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- You can serve in a bowl.
- Note: In general, the sprouts can be added to all kinds of soups.
Alfalfa and vegetable broth
- 1 large celery
- 1 handful of alfalfa and 6 potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 / 2 kg. of Pumpkin
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Put to cook in water and salt, celery, potatoes and pumpkin, remove when soft.
- With potatoes and a pumpkin make puree and season. Place in a baking dish with butter. Place over the sliced hard boiled eggs mixed with half cup of grated cheese. Then make a layer with celery piece, and finally, brown the onion in butter and place on top, mixed with the remaining grated cheese. Take the oven gratin.
Alfalfa juice to cleanse the body and beautify skin and hair
- 1 cup of alfalfa
- 1 cup of soy sprouts
- A piece of pineapple
- Juice of two lemons
- Molasses or brown sugar to taste
- Blend all in one liter of pure water and then drink.
- Try not to strain it to make juice to keep all the properties.