Published: 01/22/2010 - Updated: 08/13/2019
It is normal that the body has cholesterol, which is a lipid present in tissues of important organs like the liver, heart, bone, brain and blood. Cholesterol is necessary for producing cell membranes and hormones; however, the excess becomes harmful and causes severe diseases especially cardiovascular. Exercise and diet are essential for maintaining appropriate cholesterol levels. Here are some recipes that, besides being delicious, will help to reduce extra fat, burn bad cholesterol and strengthen your immune system.
Birdseed and eggplant milk
This remedy should be drunk on an empty stomach without combining it with other foods. It's great to burn extra fat. The treatment is done for three months, taking daily and resting one day a week.
- 2 teaspoons of birdseed
- Some eggplant
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 liter of water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Put birdseed and cut eggplant into the water, still cold. Cook for 20 minutes. Strain and let sit.
- Add the juice of a lemon or two and take this milk each day.
Artichokes in lemon sauce
This dish will go nicely with the lunch, you can serve with rice.
- 18 artichokes
- 54 teaspoons of virgin olive oil
- White pepper powder
- 1 lemon
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 150 grams of ham
- Clean the artichokes and take away the hard parts, so that they are as similar as possible to each other. Opened some leaves, bathing in water with lemon juice.
- We'll leave then on absorbent paper to release the water, and place in a suitable container so that their backs are tight and in order not to move.
- In the center of each, put salt, pepper, a pinch of bread crumbs, some chopped hardboiled egg and ham and three teaspoons from virgin olive oil. Add water to reach without covering, because it would fill, place face down in the fire to boil. When tender, the water will disappear, leaving only virgin olive oil. It's time to serve.
- 2 zucchini
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- ½ onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 slice bread
- ½ teaspoon of basil or mejoranaç
- 25g of whole grain bread crumbs
- new potato 75gr
- Empty the zucchini and reserve the pulp. Chop onion and garlic mixed with the crushed tomatoes, bread soaked in a little milk and all mixed with herbs. Add the crushed pulp and mix everything.
- Fill a baking dish and put them in the oven covered at 180 º C for 40 minutes. Leave a little to grill.
Oats are excellent for burning fat. Drink this at morning as the first food, do not eat anything until the lunchtime.
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of ground oats
- One teaspoon of pollen
- A piece of pineapple (or cranberries, to taste)
- Soak two tablespoons of ground oats in half a glass of water and let stand overnight.
- Blend this water with pollen and pineapple. Try not to sweeten, or add just a little honey or molasses.
- 400 grams of cooked lentils
- 1 large tomato
- 1 medium green pepper
- 4 green onions
- 8 black olives
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- Whisk the vinegar with the salt until it is impalpable; add salt and olive oil while beating.
- Peel tomatoes and cut into small cubes. Open the peppers lengthwise, remove seeds and chop.
- Cut the onions into rings. Chop the olives.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients. Sprinkle with vinegar and sprinkle with parsley.
If you want a very effective remedy to help you keep your cholesterol levels, daily take a raw garlic clove fasting, in half a glass of warm water. If you do not like garlic, try squeezing the juice of one or two lemons in half a glass of warm water.